Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a water pump pulley for my 351W. I am running an alternator only....no power steering, no a/c. I would need a pulley that would allow me to run only one belt (crank to water pump to alternator). I don't know if that means using an old double or even a triple groove pulley to allow me to do this. I wouldn't imagine there are many small block water pump pulleys out there that have the correct groove offset for cars originally equipped with nothing but an alternator. I'd prefer not to go with a March serp. set-up. I'm only keeping this small block for a little while longer while I build something else. Let me know what you got. The 351W is out of a '74 torino. thank you and happy holidays!!
email please @ [email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
I have a variety of different wp pulleys.
Sent you a E-mail.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to crudely get a measurement for the water pump pulley I need. The depth from the front of the pulley to the center of the belt groove would need to measure approx. 1 5/8". The diameter of the pulley....well, I don't have an old one to measure. I was running my engine using an electric water pump. I would guess 6" diameter? I am more concerned with the belt groove measurement and getting the belt to line up properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts