Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a small town of under 10,000 people. So this weekend at the local car show, (which is a very nice smaller show), I spot an immaculate 65 mustang coupe painted tropical tourquoise. The car was beautifully restored with the typical before/ after pics on the posterboard illustrating the resto. The bodywork and paint was absolutely flawless. Really nice interior with pony seats, non pony door panels, which appealed to my budget minded brain. A little 289 4V with an automatic and console rounded out with the GT exhaust. I peeked through the styled wheels on the front and sure enough, disc brakes! Finally looked to see who owned the car....and lo and behold....

.....The same people whom I rented my parking spot last spring when I stored my mustang trailer in their warehouse. The same people who helped a co-worker from a previous job set up a little feed and fencing store. Same people whom I've spoke with several times on crop consulting, fertilizers and sprays for their little corn patch. I know these people.....and they didn't breathe a word about their stang. They know I'm fixing one up because it was stored in their warehouse, with some of their stuff. Not one mention. They must not like me...

The wife owns the car, the husband works out of town and had spent the last couple years restoring this nice little 65 coupe while on the road doing construction work. Resto on the run. I wanted to complement them on their car but they were nowhere to be found. They must not like me....

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
A lady I work has a perfect 64.5 coupe! Passenger seat doesn't move and everything! Anyway she heard there were two guys inspecting her car ( me and another guy). The next day there is the CLUB and a constant police patrol. Well duh! What kind of an idiot would steal a car out of a police station???

Same place, the project manager has walked past my lap top dozens of times a day for six months. On my laptop are screen savers of Mustangs. It turns out he is restoring a 65 he has had for years! It just never came up in conversation!

Go figure!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
in OUR world, there are classic Mustang owners and there are classic Mustang NUTS!!! Serioiusly, I have met many, many people who own a single restored Mustang that may or may not get driven and seldom, if ever, bring it up day-to-day conversation. People, like those here at the VMF, live and breathe classic Mustangs (ie own/restoring Mustangs, read Mustang mags/books/literature, collect Mustang diecasts, etc) to the point that it consumes our free-thinking time. I knew one guy that owned a beautiful 65 convertible that he ONLY took golfing. If you ever struck up a conversation about his Mustang, within a few minutes he would manage to wiggle the conversation back to golfing. I guess ownership of an old Mustang isn't the only requirement to our fraternity - you have to want to openly share your passion with anyone who has the time to listen....

randy

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thats very true. In my environment (software developer) I find that most ppl think a good car is something that came from overseas and domestic cars are for ppl who cannot afford anything else. Its quite annoying. But not as annoying as how much I bring up mustangs and classics all the time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif!

G

·
0 Posts
Bosscars has it right on. There's a beautifull 66 2+2 less than 4 miles from our house that to me
is a MUSTANG but to the owners is just a nice car to diddle around in. Different strokes.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
The only thing I've ever gotten about talking about my love of old cars at work is request from both female and male employees to look under their hood because of a strange noise.

of course that still hasn't shut me up about my mustang, you would think I would learn........I got one guy from the office coming down so I can help change a head gasket on his toyota SUV.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Some people!!! There is a manager in my company in Michigan who supposedly has or has owned over 30 classic Mustangs over the years. When I tried making contact with him about Mustangs a few years ago... NOTHING. The scary part is, my father and this guy have known each other for about 15 years, and he still wouldn't respond to me!!! Makes NO sense. Must not like me either.....

·
Registered
977 Posts
Some people think that they are too high and mighty. Terry Bradshaw is my dads cousin by marriage. Terry doesn't like to be around his wifes side of the family. What an @R$!! He is just hung on himself!! I don't care to ever see the guy anyway I don't care who he is or what he was. If he want's to be that way then fine I say "stay the %[email protected]# on your side of the fense and get a life goof ball." When I acquire my wealth I will be sure to spit on your shoes if we ever meet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts