Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up my car last night after 7 months of downtime. Mostly I just wanted to make sure it was going to start without any problem. After 7 months, I just rehooked the positive battery cable, pulled the coil wire and hit the starter. It cranked right over. After a few 10 second cranks I rehooked the coil wire. I had replaced the fuel line from the pump to the tank, so I was having a bit of an issue getting gas to the carb. The major downside of using all hard line from the pump to the carb is there is basically no easy way to take it apart and fill the fuel line with gas to prime the pump.

Pumps don't suck. At least they don't suck very well.

I finally went in and ripped off one of SWMBO's medicine droppers (she has like 4 of them), and pulled the float assembly off the primary side of my Holley. I used the medicine dropper to fill the fuel bowl.

Hit the starter. BRAPPPPP! BRAPPPPP! BRAAPPPPP! Did you catch my post yesterday about my exhaust Doofus. I don't know, open headers sound so good, maybe I should just leave the rest of it off /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

Next up on my interior restoration project from Hell is figuring out the installation for the retractable 3 point seatbelts I bought from Andover. I'll take some pictures, as many of you have showed interest in maybe considering this on your cars.

It sure was fun to start my car. Even if it only has 2 wheels mounted, and I was sitting on a cardboard box!

I can't wait to get it back on the road!

Phil

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Sounds like fun Phil.....Glad you got 'er started !

I too enjoyed the open headers - for a little while......After the newness passed I was glad to have the exhaust system on. My ears could not take that long-term, although it did sound BAD ! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Dickson

BTW - you might be interested that a client brought me some of his homebrewed pear wine. Have not tried it yet - Should be interesting !

·
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds cool. My apple trees are absolutely loaded this year. I've done a better job of keeping them sprayed too. The apples look great...so I'll definitely be cranking out some more hard cider. Maybe I'll try apple wine too. That wouldn't be that different I wouldn't think.

I have 4 peach trees I planted a couple of years back that I've never gotten a peach off of. They're loaded this year too! Apple/Peach wine? Peach cider? Maybe. Peach Pie? Peach cobbler? DEFINITELY!

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts