Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Eh. It's cold. '66 is hibernating, waiting for $$$ to float down from the sky. It's keeping my '89 company, which is also waiting on the Dollar Fairy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Drove my '65 FB on Saturday trial run with 1-1/4" hollow front sway bar with poly end links. Need a little more trimming on the bottom lip of the frame and it will be great!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
been working lots of overtime to afford new go fast parts ,Don't have time to put new go fast parts on because of working lots of overtime
If this forum had a New members post here first thread ,You would see there has been quite a few new members sign up recently

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
33' here at the moment and I am still procrastinating on finishing the shop ceiling and finishing the insulation .

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Last night I welded a new edge onto an old shovel for my Dad as he's too damn cheap to buy a new one..... does that count?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was running my car on jacks for a while just letting the engine and transmission get warm, After I shut it off, one of the freeze plugs, behind the head on the passenger side started leaking. Pretty pissed now! no pun intended! ha!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I was running my car on jacks for a while just letting the engine and transmission get warm, After I shut it off, one of the freeze plugs, behind the head on the passenger side started leaking. Pretty pissed now! no pun intended! ha!
That reminds me of my high school parking lot- after class when everyone was leaving, someone starting doing a burnout. Not to be outdone, several others including myself joined in. My 69 Cougar with a 351W blew out a rear frost plug and shot coolant onto the hot headers! The car was instantly enveloped in white smoke which everyone thought was tire smoke!! I recall quickly cutting through the back lot to get it home before my buddies realized what it really was! lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
That reminds me of my high school parking lot- after class when everyone was leaving, someone starting doing a burnout. Not to be outdone, several others including myself joined in. My 69 Cougar with a 351W blew out a rear frost plug and shot coolant onto the hot headers! The car was instantly enveloped in white smoke which everyone thought was tire smoke!! I recall quickly cutting through the back lot to get it home before my buddies realized what it really was! lol

Ha that's good one!! speaking of high school one day after taking a girlfriend home, I went to start my car and it would not start. I had a 67 mustang with the blinkers on the hood. Well my blinkers started glowing so of course I open my hood only to find a fire!! So I go from Mr. Cool to Mr. VeryUNcool I started yelling and panicking LOL! and she's just watching. yeah that was the last time I dropped her off ever. Luckily we went to different high schools. But dang that thing started up great after the fire and after high school I became a fireman.

·
Registered
863 Posts
In high school I had a 65 Cutlass. Battery was dead at a friend's and I needed to roll it backwards to jump it. Had the door partially open and the door edge caught a small sign post. In a heartbeat the door handle was pulled out of my hand and bent forward which broke the hinges. I was in paralyses as the door hit the road. The car continued to roll backwards pulling the door by the speaker wire, until the wire ripped out of the door leaving it on the ground.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I'm told that when I was about 4yo, Mom stopped in front of the HS to go in and drop something off to my Dad who was teaching math inside. She left me in the car with my lil sis, parked in a steep sloped horseshoe ramp, car still running..... you can see where this is going, right? Supposedly I crawled over the seat and 'somehow' bumped the car out of park into gear and here's what happened; Dad's 65 Galaxie fastback ran into the back of his buddy's 65 GTO, which then rolled into the back of another buddy's 69 Buick GTX. I was too small to remember it, but dang that would have been fun to watch, right?? LOL >:)

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good story's , I lived in Portland Oregon and was attending ITT tech, Had a 69 mach, Driving down the street the seal on the oil filter blow out and filled the inside and around the car up with smoke. I could not see anything. I stopped in the middle of the road and no one stopped. Typical Portland people. Well 99% LOL

I have another one. In High School I was going home about 2 am after partying. A cop flipped on his lights for no reason other then to harass me. No comments this is my story. LOL

So I processed to hit 120mph. I turned off my headlights since I knew the road . I live 7 miles out of town. I out ran him. Pulled in behind the house and stood at the corner and watched him try to find me. Never did! Fun story's.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Good story's , I lived in Portland Oregon and was attending ITT tech, Had a 69 mach, Driving down the street the seal on the oil filter blow out and filled the inside and around the car up with smoke. I could not see anything. I stopped in the middle of the road and no one stopped. Typical Portland people. Well 99% LOL

I have another one. In High School I was going home about 2 am after partying. A cop flipped on his lights for no reason other then to harass me. No comments this is my story. LOL

So I processed to hit 120mph. I turned off my headlights since I knew the road . I live 7 miles out of town. I out ran him. Pulled in behind the house and stood at the corner and watched him try to find me. Never did! Fun story's.
Good ones, First thing that comes to mind with all the smoke in the car is CHEECH and CHONG LOL!
After a night of partying as well, my standard shifter from my 67 mustang came right out of the floorboard. I was downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and I'm perplexed (buzzing really) because I'm staring at this shifter I'm holding up in the air that I know should not be there??? LOL! so I had to drive in second gear for about a mile to get home that was the end of that night. Probably had something to do with the fact I reversed the shifting pattern to avoid getting it stolen.
I also outran a cop once I wouldn't do it now a days, but it sure felt good back then. LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts