Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my mom had a gorgeous black mustang in 1975 (no idea how old it was at that point) that I distinctly remember seeing that snake-on-wheels logo inside or on (my memory is screaming that it was on the seat belt). Anyone know what model this could be ?!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use to see them on fenders of big block Torinos and big block Rancheros, usually right in front of the 429 emblems. There are a couple different versions. I don't know if they came originally or were a add-on? Never saw one a Mustang.

Torino

1970 Torino

·
Registered
35,532 Posts
This was where you'd see that decal. Of course, Ford was pretty free with decals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! I must have scrambled my memory, though the Torino doesn’t look familiar.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
FYI, the `69 Cobra model was the Fairlane trim level, not a Torino trim level. So, correct to call it a `69 Fairlane Cobra. I learned from my brother who owned a `69 Torino that the Cobra model was a Fairlane. Dean

·
Premium Member
11,799 Posts
This was where you'd see that decal. Of course, Ford was pretty free with decals.

I knew a guy in Austin back in the mid to late 70's who had bought a '70 Torino 429CJ brand new but he had already sold it when I met him. Even the Shivverlay boys admitted that 429CJ was the fastest car in Austin at the time.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just remember where I saw that emblem. I bought a jacket at the Ford Dealer in 1977. They came in dark blue, lightg blue, red, black and white. They were nice jackets. They get good money for them now on eBay. I wore mine out laying on the cold greasy garage floor working on my Mustang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts