Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I would prefer to have one of those gadgets that slides that out horizontally then flips it up and when you are done staring at it it tilts back down and slides into the dash. I don't know how that is done but I presume it is some sort of a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I've pondered mounting my FiTech handheld on the my sun visor like a vanity mirror. Since I can't see a dang thing when the sun is on the screen why not put it were the sun never shines?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

I made this little bracket for the front of my cheap console.
Whether I use it or like it is yet to be determined.
Stayed tuned.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’m very strongly considering the Sniper for my car as a winter project. But then I see the Borla induction 8 Stack and I really want it. How have you all liked your Snipers? Sorry if I’m taking the thread off topic.

Stay Focused man! But to answer your question - Best modification ever........ever..........did I say ever? Truth, worth every $$$ :surprise:

I'd make a cute or funny or sarcastic statement about carbs - you know like my inability to tune etc... but again that's like a wheel and tire discussion, not worth the ink in this text. :pirate:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I’ve been running my sniper for a week so far and I must say...
It’s awesome.
Starts right up, it’s perfecting.
Maintaining AFR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I’ve been running my sniper for a week so far and I must say...
It’s awesome.
Starts right up, it’s perfecting.
Maintaining AFR.

Take some photos of your settings in the Tuning - I'm interesting - My 289's starting hard. I dialed in the Idle AF ratio but still would like to get her to start on the first crank.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Is the 11.1 idle AFR your "dialed in" setting. Can you provide more build info on your 289? My mildly built 302 idles in the 13.6 range.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I’ll be driving it Saturday .
I’ll snap some pictures.
But I have not made any changes.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I'm planning on going with the Sniper EFI setup, but that project keeps getting put on the back burner. When I do finally get around to doing it, my thoughts were to just keep the display module in the glove box and have it available if needed. Or possibly mount it to the windshield like a Garmin when I want it. Otherwise, I wasn't planning on leaving it out. But, maybe having always on is more beneficial than I was thinking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Is the 11.1 idle AFR your "dialed in" setting. Can you provide more build info on your 289? My mildly built 302 idles in the 13.6 range.
Stock 289, slight bore over at rebuild, Distributor has Petronix innards with the Sniper 2300 - Dual Exhaust 13.6 was too rich at idle at 100ft AGL (Houston TX) Leaned out to 11.1 and ran smoother - Also started a little faster, 4 seconds is an estimate.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If it idles better at 11.1 that's great, but 11.1 is richer (not leaner) than my 13.6. A higher number is the direction you would adjust to go leaner. BTW - I live at about 1400ft. but drive to the beach regularly where I am at sea level.

Very convenient mounting position for the handheld during the initial tuning process.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Here is my $4 Handheld mount.
$1 Store cell holder. Ripped off the back mount. Added $2.98 Lowes magnets to the back. When not in use it mounts under the dash with the magnets.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finally got the Sniper installed over the last two weekends. It replaced a Road Demon on a Ford Racing crate Boss 302 motor. Seat of the pants impression, it's added more power to the motor. It will spin the tires probably another 20 feet ;). I went out this morning at 5am for some open freeway blasts up to 110. On the drive to the freeway there were a couple of pops when it leaned out a little. It was still in learn mode and this all cleared up by the time I was on 101.

Overall I'm very impressed with it. With relays it now runs both cooling fans and it's nice to be able to set your on and off temps accurately. I've got the Holley in tank pump which doesn't require a return line, very nice clean setup. I used the standard fuel line and I'm done! You do hear the pump on startup, before ignition, something I'll have to get used to.
My only issue is I've got to get the factory tach running. The Sniper is using the tach signal from the msd box and I'm not sure if I can piggyback the tach adaptor box off the same signal. Factory tachs are hard to come by and I don't want to burn anything up. If anyone has experience with a similar setup, I'd like to hear what you did.

One issue I have with the Holley intank pump setup is my fuel gauge is not working. I'll call Holley Tech on Monday to see if we can get that resolved. In the meantime, I'll think I'll go play a little more...

·
Registered
553 Posts
My plans are to use the Dakota Digital gauges and interface module. My understanding is that I can have access to all those inputs on the cluster.
I'd really like to see what your Dakota setup will look like, and what inputs it will display Grabber! Just can't find a solution I like for my weird, non-flat '68 dash. I know it's probably a different thread, but you got my attention when you said it displays Holley data, and that's what the OP really needs. I'd love a clean solution right where the gauges belong, and it's easy to see...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts