Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving. And given what's available it looks like I'm selling, renting, and building new. I just made it out of the great recession without a bankruptcy so no owning multiple properties for me.

The Mustang has morphed from being an all original pedestrian October 26, 1964 C code hardtop to an SCCA solo car. 99% of everything not currently bolted to the car has got to go. The only thing I can see being worth something is the original Ford starting motor and I've included a few pictures. I need to sell a lot of stuff and Craigs List is unusable at this point around these parts due to lunatics. If you see anything in the pictures that shouldn't be recycled let me know.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hello Nail,
I'd be interested in the console overlay -- I'm figuring I could dye ti dark blue.
I live at zip 41065.
steve

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
The 4bbl carburetor, as long as it's rebuildable, and the clutch fan looks like it's in good shape.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 4bbl carburetor, as long as it's rebuildable, and the clutch fan looks like it's in good shape.
It's a C code 2bbl. The clutch fan is new but did not like 6400 rpm. Destroyed the water pump after 2 events. Definitely for the cruiser at best.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Isn’t there a 4bbl double pumper in one of the Pics? That could be worth hanging on to if it’s a rebuildable core.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 4bbl carburetor, as long as it's rebuildable,
Oh, you were talking about the Holley 650 DP. It's rebuildable. Sold the other one fully rebuilt to an autocrosser this summer for $50

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn’t there a 4bbl double pumper in one of the Pics? That could be worth hanging on to if it’s a rebuildable core.
Yes a 650 DP. I'm all about EFI with the fuel available in these parts, so it is useless to me.

·
Registered
954 Posts
As to the above, I've had to scrap a ton of used 67 Cougar parts for lack of anyone wanting them (engines, bodies, suspension, etc.) so I know where you're coming from.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really wasn't expecting any responses to this thread other than toss it out. Mods please move to the appropriate for sale section. If others can use it (y)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Where did you get the fan and clutch from? I might be interested at the right price. I’m piecing together my 289. Motor will never see 6,000 rpm.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd take the air cleaner, snorkel, and heat tube if you are just going to throw it out. I'd be happy to cover the shipping cost.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know how it is. If you watch craigslist here stuff sits on there for months on end and it's not a price issue its just that there are so few buyers here.

I could use the strut rods but I can probably find a pair locally or pick up a pair at the junk yard for what shipping would cost. My rods are bent.
The struts are Northern Cali, zero rust, so if you don't want commie repos they might not be so bad if they fit in a USPS Flat rate package. Then again, adjustable is the way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm moving. And given what's available it looks like I'm selling, renting, and building new. I just made it out of the great recession without a bankruptcy so no owning multiple properties for me.

The Mustang has morphed from being an all original pedestrian October 26, 1964 C code hardtop to an SCCA solo car. 99% of everything not currently bolted to the car has got to go. The only thing I can see being worth something is the original Ford starting motor and I've included a few pictures. I need to sell a lot of stuff and Craigs List is unusable at this point around these parts due to lunatics. If you see anything in the pictures that shouldn't be recycled let me know. View attachment 738197 View attachment 738198

The Mustang has morphed from being an all original pedestrian October 26, 1964 C code hardtop to an SCCA solo car. 99% of everything not currently bolted to the car has got to go. The only thing I can see being worth something is the original Ford starting motor and I've included a few pictures. I need to sell a lot of stuff and Craigs List is unusable at this point around these parts due to lunatics. If you see anything in the pictures that shouldn't be recycled let me know. View attachment 738197 View attachment 738198
I'm interested in the air cleaner, snorkle, etc. I'll buy it from you and pay shipping.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, so sorry about the delay in responding. I went to replace the trims on my main bath tub with the "in" brushed nickel and it all went bad in a hurry resulting in me sweating some copper pipe and new fixtures.

If it won't fit in a USPS flat rate box it is local pickup only. The online quotes that I have ever received from UPS is only half at best what I am quoted when I show up at the UPS store to mail it. 3 weeks ago a pair of Bilstein shocks with a UPS estimate of $23 online turned into $47 at the UPS store. I ended up stuffing them into a USPS 12" x 24" x 3" "bulging" flat rate box for $19.95. I do not have access to FexEx.

So the Holley already spoked for by LeeFred because it will fit in the USPS large box that is $19.95 for us scrubs. I think somebody wanted the original 2 barrel and that will also fit in a USPS box. The original to the car side post "Ford Starting Motor" will fit as will the rust free Cali strut rods. I think 2nd66 wanted them for some reason. I think the original exhaust manifolds will fit but it may be individually, although I'd give the pair a try.

I've got 1 addition that I probably should hang on to but won't if I can get a decent price. One very slightly used Edelbrock 500cfm 1403 carburetor. I out grew this thing quickly but it's almost as new, less than 500 miles, but has been dry for 3 years. I should be fine but a rebuild could be required.

I figured the original starter would be the most sought after item. I guess the concourse folks don't hang out with the commoners.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts