Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey VMF.....

I have a '65 Fastback C, 4spd... minor rust on rear quarters and a 2x6 passenger & 4x6 drivers floor. I bought the car with no speed-o, put new upper and lower arms, 1" drop, #620 & 1" bar in front and put new #220 leafs in the rear and all Poly bushings and drove it for about 120k miles-- since I was in my 20's-30's, drove it HARD. Odometer shows 87,645.

So, engine, trans, rear axle and suspension all shot! I have a rotisserie. I am going to redo the car to a Resto-Mod, DRIVER (maybe 10k mi/yr) condition.

Researching until I'm blind and beat.

Engine -- a 450 HP crate engine, regardless of cubic inches, has an average cost comparing 7 suppliers of $14,600
Trans -- a 5-spd conversion, TKX with a hydraulic clutch comes in at around $5,000
Front Suspension -- All over the place, but a basic GW front is about $3,200. My choice would be SoT(but then have to have the older V-8). There is always the Maier Mod2 front which looks interesting but my be in conflict if I go with the SoT rear suspension (Maier Mod2 rear looks fantastic but is very much overkill for a driver and $$$)

Main question:
1. With a conventional V-8 & Trans coming in at $20k, Why not remove the shock towers and throw in a Gen 3 Mod (2018+) and a Manual for $11k or with a 10spd Auto for $13k?
2. Is there any really good Mod Motor suspensions?
3. Does anyone AutoX with the Mod Motor and "really good" front suspension?

Any help clearing up the mud is very much appreciated!

GearheadFMC

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.