Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34,269 Posts
Interesting, low-key mods. I wonder what the Cobra Kit Medallion signifies. The carb appears to be the stock 1.12 unit, on an iron manifold. That was usually used to denote high-rise 4V or multi-carb. Of course, there were the cam kits, head kits, and so on.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awww, I feel so sorry for you getting stuck with such a homely undesirable ugly duckling. Let me know if it embarrasses you- I might be able to help you out and take it off of your hands for a couple thousand dollars...just because I like you. :wink:

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
That!, so Kool.....

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I love that Pony interior. Wanted to do it on mine, but it wasn't available for '64.5, and I couldn't stray that far from original, so I just kept the white.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Nice, Im interested in how the underhood is configured since Im in that process now.

I spy a soft fuel line.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
short explanation...this k-code car was taken off the line and sent to Shelby for conversion to a hertz car. The marketing director for Shelby needed a car to use for his department so the were given this car before finished...there is a bigger cooler story to follow...all documented....I really want the car...

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
short explanation...this k-code car was taken off the line and sent to Shelby for conversion to a hertz car. The marketing director for Shelby needed a car to use for his department so the were given this car before finished...there is a bigger cooler story to follow...all documented....I really want the car...
Yeah, you're gonna need documentation for a story like that.....

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
believe me I know. That is what I told the sellwr(2nd owner) I called BS right away. Then he brought out a letter,Including date stamped envelope from 1979 addressed to the original purchaser to confirm/validate the car by v.i.n.
It was pretty interesting from the desk of Jonathan Quinn..senior curator at Shelby America stating the car was taken out of line and Given to Peter Brock chief marketing director. I'm just reading and sharing. two owners .

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
believe me I know. That is what I told the sellwr(2nd owner) I called BS right away. Then he brought out a letter,Including date stamped envelope from 1979 addressed to the original purchaser to confirm/validate the car by v.i.n.
It was pretty interesting from the desk of Jonathan Quinn..senior curator at Shelby America stating the car was taken out of line and Given to Peter Brock chief marketing director. I'm just reading and sharing. two owners .
I'm trying to verify the accuracy on my own ...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm trying to verify the accuracy on my own ... I don't believe anyone...:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,702 Posts
I'm trying to verify the accuracy on my own ... I don't believe anyone...:grin2:
You could always try to contact and ask Brock directly. He's in his early eighties and lives in Henderson, Nevada. His wife, Gayle, reportedly still runs Brock Racing Enterprises (mostly memorabilia) and maybe you could make a connection through there. (702) 558-3374.
That's what I'd do. Good luck! :smile2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts