Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now what in the h&!! am I going to do with it? I've got a friend that runs a scrap metal recycling yard here in town and he invited me to come dig through his "engine bin" to see if I could find what I wanted. Low and behold, right out front is a 5.0, but on the block where the alternator goes, some kind of flange with a threaded hole is broke half way off. Since I'm wanting to run the serpentine system, I passed until I can take a closer look at one. My 289 doesn't have it. Anyway, right above it in the pile of motors is an FE motor. well, I cannot let this orphan go to the melt down pot, so he pulls it out and delivers it to my house at no charge! Now how am I going to convince the wife I need a '68 conv. body to go with this motor?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
the 390 is SUCH an underrated motor...heavy, but massive torque

of course considering the weight of a FE, a 428 is best, but youre right; a 390 is a valuable resource!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Man, for that price, I would have taken every Ford V8 he had....wouldn't let 1 broken bolt hole stop me from taking the 5.0 motor....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, now that I'm thinking about it, I forgot about all the goodies inside the block. Such as crank & rods. I'm going to give him a call Monday and go pick it up too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts