Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know... I just purchased a 68 Shelby from this man... he bought a race car because he wanted to drive at the local track here in VA. He took it out a few times Andy realized a 750hp flat out race car is a little more than he bargained for. He's pushing 70 and he wasn't familiar with what a real race car was like on the track. Anyway, he wants to sell it and he asked my to put my feelers out. He paid $125k for the basic car and added all the options. He would like to get $68k for the car...if anyone knows anyone he's motivated to move it. Let me know by pm...
HERE IS THE INFO...pics will follow...
Born from the rough and tumble world of Stock Car Racing Sharp1 Super Cars offer the Strength and Muscle of yesteryears American Muscle with the elegance and technological advancements of tomorrows Dream Ride. Equipped with muscular features like 750 Horsepower en-gines and ground shaking exhaust and elegant sleek body lines coupled with a full carbon fiber dash the Sharp1 Super is just that a Super Car!
The Beast
2010 Models
2010 Dodge Challenger
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
2010 Ford Mustang
2010 Toyota Camry
Like the car the men behind the development of the Sharp1 Super Car are a blend of old school American racing and modern thinking. The Sharp1 Super Car was developed by former NASCAR Crew Chief Steve Hmiel, Lorin Rainier, son of Legendary NASCAR car owner Harry Rainier, and long time team owner Eddie Sharp. The combined expertise of these men in conjunction with the best parts in the business make up the Sharp1 Super Car.
Specs

Chassis Fully fabricated steel by Sharp 1
Body Custom fabricated with Kevlar nose, tail, and hood
Engine 750 hp with choice of manufacturer
Transmission Tex Racing T-101A 4 speed
Rear End Ford 9” style
Shocks JRI Double Adjustable
Steering CJR Road Coarse Power Steering
Brakes Performance Friction— Same package as Daytona Prototype Cars
Wheels BBS 18” X 12”
Tires Hoosier Racing
Steering Wheel MOMO
Seat Options Available
Cost $125,000

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I have no clue what this thing is for ..I've got no skin in the game...just trying to help him find an interested individual...
I think if I showed up at a local autocross with that wing on the back the ricers would faint or be weak in the knees at a minimum!

Your right, what is this thing for?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
It's for people to scare themselves silly at great expense and discover that autocross was more fun anyway. :yoho:
Well then, I've saved a step!:grin2:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It's basically a NASCAR type build with a generic body and "mustang" nose and rear bumper cover.
I bet it's fast....

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
I've never seen one of those before. Don't think the learning curve would be all that bad though.
I have been passed by a Shelby Can Am before..... actually two of them, one on either
side of my car, coming down off the Budweiser Balcony turn at Willow Springs. That was pretty
intense.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

Attachments

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Genuine kick butt scare your underwear brown piece of machinery there. I am with 69GT350H, I don't think I could afford to keep that beast fed and exercised properly.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
That’s a cool suit cooler in the back. That’s a real race car. Price is great for what it is. Can’t think of what class you could run in either SCCA, NASA or even Nascar local. They could probably find some place for you. I think it would be a waste to track day the car but there are scores of exotics and Corvettes out at Spring Mountain that track day cars that cost waaay more than that.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm reminded daily that I'm in the wrong line of work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will ask Chuck at Maier Racing and Mike Maier if they know anybody who might be interested. Give me a couple days. They both have been busy lately!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
NASA AIX and SCCA

That’s a cool suit cooler in the back. That’s a real race car. Price is great for what it is. Can’t think of what class you could run in either SCCA, NASA or even Nascar local. They could probably find some place for you. I think it would be a waste to track day the car but there are scores of exotics and Corvettes out at Spring Mountain that track day cars that cost waaay more than that.
NASA has AIX (American Iron Extreme), this is likely the best choice as an average guy can get racing rather quickly and without great expense. SCCA Pro Racing in Trans Am for the experienced or SCCA Club in whatever the local chapter would like to class you in as it’d likely be one of one for the class for the weekend. I’ve lost touch with SCCA, someone more current than I may know better which Club Racing class it would slot to.

But to DE it for a year or so, get a license and move into AIX, it would be a blast for someone. There is one in yellow racing NASA SE in AIX. Good cars and a good way to get on track.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The tube chassis kills it for AIX. Same in AS in SCCA. It has to be stock clip, sub frame and floor with mods. It’s 109” wheel base and 80” track per the rules. I haven’t been keeping up, didn’t know those SI-AI-ATX classes existed. I‘m particularly intrigued about SI. My middle aged man maladies have taken me out of the seat but that’s the kind of class I could get behind. Engine is too big for K&N (and not spec) maybe ARCA? You’d still have to hang a spec body on it.

Looks like it’s the feature TA class but they won’t let a noob in. You’d need an SCCA Pro license and at least a season in the Majors or HST. I don’t see any classes for that car in either Majors or HST. If you were looking to race you’d be better off with an NC Spec Miata (2002+) for $20-25k. A $30k car will be ready to win. They could race that regionally with a novice permit and work up to nationals. SM is one of the most subscribed classes in club racing SCCA or NASA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts