Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started a post a couple days ago here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1513913/

The short version of it...I was over thinking what I need to do in order to be hospitable. The solution I've decided to employ is, "come to my house, hang out, eat a lot of good food, drink a little here and there, if you want you can sleep on an air mattress in the living room".

So with that settled I decided I would be best served to use my new found free time this weekend resolving the main issue that was driving the problem; my procrastination on remodeling the attached garage into a living room and laundry room.

I got all the block work that was needed done today. As you can see I didn't need a lot. The garage has a full block foundation so a couple of holes in the concrete pad, a little rebar, some blocks, some concrete...and poof...step one done. And I was careful enough with the sawzaw that I can still use the old garage doors for the time being until I get the bay windows in and can frame up the openings. I am thinking about going to HD tomorrow and filling up the trailer with everything I need to do the sub floor and knocking out a good bit of that tomorrow.

Before:

All blocked up

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frame them in like any other wall.
Lay a copping/cap board of pressure lumber on the blocks then frame up a wall that will fill in the gap up to the header beam. I am going to install 2 bay windows there. Then I just need to wrap it and install new siding on the front. I'll also probably loose the outside lighting when I reside the front since they will keep it looking like a reclaimed garage if they stay

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'll also probably loose the outside lighting when I reside the front since they will keep it looking like a reclaimed garage if they stay
A quick edit and maybe nobody will notice ;)

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The secret passage will get cleaned up and formalized to be (what I think) is a nicer for formal entrance to the basement.

The girls will be where I always hide them. That hasn't changed.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
caddman12 said:
What software did you use for the renderings? They don't look too bad. That will be a very nice transformation.
Punch Design Pro

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So with a little help from Brian today (Milo Bloom) I ran over to home depot and bought some 'stuff'. I am pretty sure I bought enough to get me through all the framing and subfloor installation. I have to contact my plumber to check at what stage of the floor build he needs to come in a lay the piping for the baseboard heat, but other than that...I just need to order up some windows I can get it all roughed it ready for electrical and rock with what I have.

There really are a million uses for a good trailer aren't there ;)

It only took me 2 hours but I pulled all the hastily tossed lumber out of the trailer and stacked it in the work area...in such a way (planned anyway) that I will work down the pile before it gets in the way. Then I'll just have to pop 20 2x4x12s and the 60 2x4x8s up on the first half of the subfloor after its built. I left the actual plywood and insulation in the trailer...I figure they'll be safe there for a month or two.

It certainly is going to be a fun little project. I always get so excited about these things when I start assembling the raw materials...I want to call in sick tomorrow and frame it up ;)

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
68CVert said:
Now that's a great idea!
Terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

My photos are all perfectly staged to present an internet image of complete competance. Only a select few individuals have witnesssed me working on anything and they all agree....I'm a complete idiot. With a webcam everyone would see how horrible and slow I really am when it comes to just about everything I do either msutang or home improvement related. At the end of the day a webcam will destroy my internet persona and flood the ether with more crappy photos like this:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
dodgestang said:
68CVert said:
Now that's a great idea!

My photos are all perfectly staged to present an internet image of complete competance. Only a select few individuals have witnesssed me working on anything and they all agree....I'm a complete idiot. With a webcam everyone would see how horrible and slow I really am when it comes to just about everything I do either msutang or home improvement related. At the end of the day a webcam will destroy my internet persona and flood the ether with more crappy photos like this:

And we'd hate to flood the ether with bad msutang pics...

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speaking of bad mustang photos....you need space to host photos from the car show on Sunday? Then I can pretend I was there and photoshop myself into one or 2 of the photos.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
dodgestang said:
Speaking of bad mustang photos....you need space to host photos from the car show on Sunday? Then I can pretend I was there and photoshop myself into one or 2 of the photos.
I'll upload them from my camera to your site if it's OK with you.

You missed a lot of nice cars. Mayebe 10 Mustangs but an awesome array of street rods, antiques, you name it. Must have been 25 Willy's there.

About 800 cars I would guess.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
dodgestang said:
68CVert said:
Now that's a great idea!

Nick are you trying to compensate for something in that picture? :shrug: :p :pirate: :yoho: :lol: :roflao:

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Frank65 said:
I'll upload them from my camera to your site if it's OK with you.

You missed a lot of nice cars. Mayebe 10 Mustangs but an awesome array of street rods, antiques, you name it. Must have been 25 Willy's there.

About 800 cars I would guess.
I made a directory for you.

Getting the wood took a little longer than I thought it would and failing miserably trying to help Brian get the 'vert running again took a lot of wind out of my sails :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts