Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so which is best?
coil over strut type or coil over on the upper arms or the mustang II which is coil over on bottom arm.

what brand fits well? as opposed to others.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
What are you goals?
Smooth driver? Road race?
What is your budget?
Best depends on what you want to do, and how much you are willing to pay.

·
Registered
9,214 Posts
what brand fits well? as opposed to others.
To me, what you said is humorous. Honestly, to even be successful (and survive)
as a suspension manufacturer/seller. Your stuff has to be pretty good these days.
Consumers are "educated," courtesy of the net.
It then becomes a question of details in the design.

You need to answer the questions the other posters asked to receive good direction.
Personally, I don't like them stock- I wouldn't even want to drive one that was
stock. The experience of driving something old in today's traffic to me doesn't
include not being able to stop and turn.....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1994

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,638 Posts
"Best" is pretty subjective. To me, best is a setup that upgrades and improves on the stock design versus tossing it all out in favor of something that while "different", may not really be any better. Along that line of thinking, I tend to favor Opentracker's and Street or Track's stuff. IMHO, you can spend a lot more money with someone else and get stuff thats looks slicker but is maginally if at all better as far as improving street driven handling.

·
Registered
662 Posts
20 different front ends will get you 20 different opinions

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, daily driver/restomod. the word budget doesnt apply. by the time one restores the suspension to original or improved original, you can buy an aftermarket setup.
I personally think a mustang II type is best design with the coil overs bolting to the lca. i think the strut towers are too weak for a mac strut setup.

i am currently doin the improved original deal now, because the engine i'm using fits between the stock strut towers. but i am already working on my next engine setup for the same car. A 4.6 mod motor with twin turbos. i am planning on a ford IRS for the rear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts