Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Craigslist charging 5 bucks to list a car for sale has only affected the private party sellers. Now There is usually not more than 2-3 private sellers on the first page.

·
Administrator
19,648 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
What I saw was at least 1/2 of the by owner ads were quasi dealers anyway.
$5 is not bad as long as you can still bump it to the top every week in the large markets. They could have made it $1 and still lost a lot of ads from people that don't wanna give up their CC #s to the interwebs. If you feel this way as well, I get a $20 Visa gift card and use in the app store etc in case of recurring charges I didn't see.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont mind paying the $5 and did recently trying to sell my Bronco. I guess in my head they were trying to get rid of some of the dealer ads but ended up gettingnrid of some of the ads by owners. Either way they gotta be generating some good cash off those ads now.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Offerup

·
Registered
382 Posts
Some have started posting their cars in the parts section which is still free. I flag everyone I see. I was hoping the $5 was going to stop the dealers from posting in the Owners section but it is still loaded with dealers posing as individuals, although no where near the number as before.. I flag everyone I see

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Quick check on Craigslist shows a huge drop in the cars priced under $3500.

·
Premium Member
10,763 Posts

·
Administrator
19,648 Posts

·
Dimples
3,659 Posts
Quick check on Craigslist shows a huge drop in the cars priced under $3500.
Yup. Unfortunate. Some of the rougher cars are some of the most fun to look at online. It's easy to find a shiny car that the owner/dealer thinks is worth $30K+. It's finding those that really need love that CL was good for. Now they're on FB marketplace.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts