Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car was parked at work in employee parking where customers are not allowed to park. Anyways I had backed into the parking spot and since we can double park in the employee parking area, I backed all the way back, so I can let a co-worker park there.

So some JACKA** customer that don't know how to drive parked a little close to my car. Anyways the person who hit my car did a hit and run. No note or anything. I was a pissed off.

So I need to replace both headlight buckets, the grill and the molding. The grill I think I can bend back so I am not to worry. I am gonna go see my painter tomorrow or Tuesday to see how much to do the paint. Damn

Here's the pics

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Dude that sucks.
Form the looks of it, it was a truck/suv that did it. Way too high to be a car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe it was the same person who hit my van at Target today.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can take better pics tomorrow and the color of my car is Dark Opal poly. I think, when I first got the car painted it came out darker then I wanted but I still liked it.

Oh yeah anyone got headlight buckets for sale????

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I like the color... would like to see more. I can't imagine driving off after hitting someone else's car. What's wrong with people....?

Parking lots can be the worst place for accidents... Once, I ripped a guys door off after he had it pinned against my truck, I pulled forward not realizing he had his door resting against my truck. I had just a minor scratch on the rear bumper. He wasn't happy, but I told him I would call it even...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry to here your car got hit,what a A-HOLE! }:|

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
That's tough. I'd look around the parking lot tomorrow & check for your paint on another vehicle. Maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
I have a driver headlight bucket with a broken piece but not noticeable once installed, at least I never noticed it until I took it all apart.

It's yours free if you want it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You know what would be great? IF there were a security system that incorporated cameras on the front, rear, and sides; if your car was bumped or hit when you were away from it, the cameras would automatically begin filming for the next... i dunno, ten minutes so that you could catch people who did this stuff.

I dunno, just a thought. Sorry to hear for your troubles; but really, I think it's better that it's the front than the rear. I would rather replace headlight buckets and bumpers than taillight panels any day. Allthough the color match would be less critical on a tailight panel.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sorry to hear this David- could it have been some kind of flat bed truck? Can't see any damage to your hood so it was high and flat...

Hope insurance will cover you- do you have classic car ins?

M

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Are there any security cameras in that parking lot?

Also, it looks like you've got an alarm. Did it go off and did anyone hear it?

Frank

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Man that sucks,hope you find out who did it.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I'd be on a rampage.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sorry that happened, that sucks. Stuff like this pisses me off. I had similiar thing happen to me in High School. I parked my truck in the farthest parking spot when I worked at a grocery store hoping that nobody would come near it. Yep some [email protected] still mananged to run into it, and leave.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I wish that people would just man-up and leave a note! My wife wonders why I get so hateful when I am in parking lots with "those idiots"; and that is with our every day cars. When I'm in the 'stang I park in the middle of nowhere and there is still one retard in a rusted out bucket that has to park right on top of you. Once again, sorry about your car.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
man that stinks! My wife's van has been in a hit and run twice this year in parking lots. The deductibles are taking money away from my Mustang projects.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
That wasn't an accident - It was a hit and run assault!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. What kind of a deductible do you have to fork over?

Best of luck in the future.

John Harvey

1 - 20 of 39 Posts