Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order parts form these guys from time to time, and recently I ordered some parts that apparently are back-ordered. It is going to take OVER A MONTH for them to ship me my parts. I ordered January 13th, and they are saying they may have the parts to ship to me Feb 16th. So at this point, I give up, put the car back together so I can drive it. We have been having lots of sun lately and 70 degree plus days. I guess my loss is their gain. I get to waste time putting the car back together so I can enjoy it, and then I get to take it apart again if they ever actually ship the parts.

This is the second time they have done this to me. Fool me twice shame on me...

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
What company or supplier are you talking about here????!??!!?? It would help if we knew...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I believe their website tells you whether or not the part is in stock before you order it.
Website said ships in 3 to 5 days. Not "Good luck may never come" I think the issue is specific. I have ordered a couple of expensive items, that they don't stock on purpose. They then note on their web page "ships in 3 to 5 days" because it typically takes 3 to 5 days for them to get the item. Then I plan based on their guidance and then their supplier has a stock problem and them shipping in 3 to 5 days turns into no parts for 5 weeks.

The rub is simple. These guys make good youtube videos, and invest in the hobby. I want to buy from them because if I am watching their how to video to fix or install my car it's right for me to "give back" by buying the parts from them. It's just frustrating because they take my money, and they provide no status when they miss their date. I have to call them, follow up, and the response is always something along the lines of "we expect it to arrive any day now". If they gave a status that was even the slightest reasonable, I could cancel my order and get the same parts from NPD in 2 days.

So what am I looking for? If the part isn't a stock item, I would like them to have that information featured in the description on their webpage. They should understand and publish the stock data from their supplier, and when they miss their shipping date they should call me and ask if I want a refund or if I want to wait for the parts.

I realize that I will never get Nordstrom level service, but when I am spending 5 to 7 hundred dollars on an item I feel like I should get that level of service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Morning mmyers73 -

First off, I'm sorry to read of your experience with CJ's. That's not at all the image we want to portray let alone the personal experience we strive to provide to our customers. For that, I apologize.

If you could send me a private message with your Order #, I will look into your situation personally to see what we can do to rectify the situation and make you a happy customer.

I'll be on the lookout for your message. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

-Chris

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I've always ordered from NPD and been very happy. They recently allowed me to return a Dakota digital Dash that I'd had for over a year due to a knucklehead painter that took his sweet time... Anyway- they allowed the return, told me it could be 4-6 weeks until I received the replacement. Happy they were even doing it, I figured 4-6, I guess I can live with that, right? Well- it showed up 4 days later! Color me impressed again!
As far as CJ's- I'm doing a car for a buddy who's been ordering his own parts, mostly from CJ's. I'd been stung in the past much like you, but as of late- no complaints. I've been getting quality parts in a decent timeframe, so.... maybe they've made some changes? Hopefully they can resolve your issues, otherwise NPD has my vote.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you could send me a private message with your Order #, I will look into your situation personally to see what we can do to rectify the situation and make you a happy customer.
I get this error when sending you a PM. " [email protected] has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get this error when sending you a PM. " [email protected] has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
I apologize! This wasn't a setting I made. To make things easier, just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with the information requested and I'll be happy to help you there. I apologize for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As I documented in the thread I sent email to CJPP on 2/6. I finally got a reply back from them on 3/2.

First off, I wanted to deeply and sincerely apologize. I normally never let e-mails slip through the cracks, especially when it’s something high priority like your situation. But, it seems this particular time that’s exactly what happened.
With that said, I checked your profile and followed up with our Purchasing Department on RP7 in your order. We reached out to Scott Drake and unfortunately, they are out of stock with no ETA. However, there are a couple alternatives that Scott Drake recommended. Below is the message from Scott Drake:
I was just informed the bezels required to make the needed rally pac are out of stock. I do have two options to ensure this gets shipped by Fri. though, again directly to the customer at no charge.
1// We can send out a C6ZZ-10B960KWT which is the 8k tach version
2// I can remove the bezels off of the KWT (8k) version a assemble a CWT (6k), but it leaves the KWT version unusable from what I’m told.
Either option is fine, I just need to which is best for the end consumer? Thank you.
Please let us know what you want to do and we can make sure this gets shipped out directly from Scott Drake to you ASAP to save time as well.

I responded within 24 hours and asked them for the item I ordered. After I didn't hear back I pinged again and I got a message from Scott.

I have followed up with Drake and they are expediting the rally pac out today. We apologize for the delay. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

When it arrives, I will document how long it took, and the condition of the unit since it would seem to be something that was put together from donor 8k tach's.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Good Morning mmyers73 -

First off, I'm sorry to read of your experience with CJ's. That's not at all the image we want to portray let alone the personal experience we strive to provide to our customers. For that, I apologize.

I'll be on the lookout for your message. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

-Chris

Now that’s customer service. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
No sarcasm.

Rather than contact them directly, you outed them, a board sponsor that keeps the board free, here in public.

Chris saw the complaint and asked you to contact him so that he could try and resolve the issue.

He came to you,....that’s customer service. :wink:

·
Dimples
3,661 Posts
No sarcasm.

Rather than contact them directly, you outed them, a board sponsor that keeps the board free, here in public.

Chris saw the complaint and asked you to contact him so that he could try and resolve the issue.

And then dropped the ball for almost a month. :shrug:

I don’t have anything against CJ, but this hardly seems like a shining example of customer service. Glad they sponsor the site and all, but dang. They do at least seem to be trying to make it right but I think anyone would be frustrated at this point.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No sarcasm.

You are unaware of the number of times I telephoned them directly, and the number of times I emailed them directly before posting.

That said, they have assured me the issue is resolved, and according to the most resent email have sent me a gift card. I have already placed another order with them for items in stock, and I sincerely hope that my experience for this order is a vast improvement. Thanks to all of you for your support, and especially to Chris and Scott at CJPP for helping to get this sorted out.

As an FYI I pay for my board membership because I dislike the number of ads on a typical page

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Now THATS customer service!

Glad you got it worked out. :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts