Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, many of us are home during the Coronavirus Pandemic. BTW, I'm retired so home a lot!
What projects are youse guys doing that's "NOT" Mustang related? As we know, anything we do to our garage whores is gonna cost money. BTW, for those who are without a job now (you have my "condolences"), what are you doing to keep busy?
Just asking what we are all doing to keep busy, since we're "sheltered in place"......
I'm doing all of those little piddly jobs I put off...put off, and put off, you know what they are. For example, I've been cleaning up my work bench(s) to make it more agreeable and manageable. Hanging picture frames, my wife has hounded me for weeks to do.
What say you?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I am planning to repaint the iron stairs leading to my home. The stairs date back to the late 1800’s and there is a lot of detail and fluting in the iron that I don’t want to lose. So, I am planning to strip the entire thing, prime and paint. Was hoping to start today, but it rained.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
My son just turned 9, so a few weeks ago I asked him what he wanted, his reply, "A real rc car." So we took a little trip to our local hobby store and both him and I left with one. So yesterday I picked up some better suspension parts and basic upgrades for them. Bern working on them this am before I hit the shop to work on the 68.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Two dreaded words : Yard Work. I got laid off from my part time job due to the virus, spring has sprung, so it's time to clean up the yard from all the fallen branches, get the tractor and the small mower ready to go, clean the gutters - - Whew! I'm tired just writing about it. Diane is in paint and will be for a while so I'm on the To Do list from the BW. Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Boarderline non-Mustang related. I got a new shed so I could move all of the crap out of the old shed which is attached to the back of my one car garage. The plan is to open the back wall of the garage so I can move my toolboxes, workbenches, etc., back there and get 3 to 4 more feet in the actual garage so I can pull the car in further and be able to get from one side of the car to the other without the garage door open. That way I can work on it during the colder months. I'd like to tear it down completely and start from scratch but don't have the $30-40K to make that happen correctly.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I just restarted a stained glass mirror frame for the main bathroom. It's been sitting there for a while. I guess I just needed motivation and a spark of creativity for the design. That took quite a while honestly.

The frame will take quite a while as well. there isn't a straight piece of glass anywhere. So each one has to be shaped within 1/16" of the adjacent one. And I have to try not to break any pieces (curved and shaped pieces tend to break easily) because I doubt the glass supplier is open for business right now.

It takes some time but I like doing it though.

IMG_5021.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
I am not sheltered in place. In fact I'm not sheltered at all. Still doing everything I normally do including being a substitute rural carrier for USPS. When I'm not delivering the mail I'm working on a non-running 2000 Explorer that I picked up cheap and just drove about 10 miles on it's maiden voyage since returning to running condition. And I'm working on a friends non-running 1956 Shiverlay 4400 dump truck. It's back to running condition but it doesn't stop so I'm working on brakes. I make regular trips to town for parts and any other thing I think of.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I’m still working . Plan to start working on the 8x26’ loft in my garage and then get my heated floor hooked up and the full bathroom installed . Also need to have the ceiling sheet rocked and insulated .

·
Registered
702 Posts
House is now spic-n-span. Way above bachelor-level clean. Dug up a bunch of shrubs; will replace with smaller plants later this Spring. Weeded all the mulch beds. Sprayed Roundup on the walkway weeds. Tomorrow will scalp, bag, and aerate the yard. I'll start working on the big Spring garage cleanup next week.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My son just turned 9, so a few weeks ago I asked him what he wanted, his reply, "A real rc car." So we took a little trip to our local hobby store and both him and I left with one. So yesterday I picked up some better suspension parts and basic upgrades for them. Bern working on them this am before I hit the shop to work on the 68.

I luv that smile Dad! Thanks a bunch.... BTW, my other project is an RC scaled boat. A Coast Guard Like boat.

View attachment 748407

View attachment 748406

Attachments

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Ok, many of us are home during the Coronavirus Pandemic. BTW, I'm retired so home a lot!
What projects are youse guys doing that's "NOT" Mustang related? As we know, anything we do to our garage whores is gonna cost money. BTW, for those who are without a job now (you have my "condolences"), what are you doing to keep busy?
Just asking what we are all doing to keep busy, since we're "sheltered in place"......
I'm doing all of those little piddly jobs I put off...put off, and put off, you know what they are. For example, I've been cleaning up my work bench(s) to make it more agreeable and manageable. Hanging picture frames, my wife has hounded me for weeks to do.
What say you?
where do I even begin? Retiring Tuesday, so a career of put off and partially finished projects await. Need to finish my 40’x30’ barn, build a tractor shed, build a long open shed off of it to house my new bandsaw mill that’s sitting unassembled in the aforementioned barn, repaint house and garage to whatever color wife decides, install new roof and door and finish installing oak flooring in mountain house, landscape, cut up and haul 5 sixty foot white oaks to aforementioned bandsaw mill to cut into new basement stair treads and kitchen countertops to replace granite ones wife doesn’t like, cut out and glass two 17’ touring kayaks, then maybe sit on the porch and have a beer.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Spring has definitely sprung, so I'm cutting grass and trim here and at the out-laws', fighting carpenter bees that are back to drill into all my wood, fighting fire ants, wasps, mosquitoes and gnats, found two snakes so far, planning to cut a VERY large sweet gum tree (mess-making SoB) in the back yard, need to re-deck and put a new roof on the house, plan to add trusses for the attached carport and incorporate that under the common house roof, also planning to trench and lay a 4" drain to get off septic and tie into the nearby city sewer. I gotta replace the contactor switch in my truck winch, finish the vinyl siding job at the out-law's, and still need to paint and trim after the new bath remodel...

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Attachments

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Sorting out a motor swap in a 2002 Volvo C70. THis is my first sideways motor swap, man it SUCKS, knuckle scraping top, bottom, wheel wells - craziness!!! Last one I'll ever do!!!

Swap is done, now I'm code chasing (feels like chasing my tail)...

Sure do love the car, drives like a dream - it was a 50:50 joint venture between Volvo and Tom Wilkensen Racing, Really fine DD that you can get parts for at Autozone, same running gear as a Wagon with a T5 motor, in fact, the motor came out of a T5 Wagon...

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
@stroker393 Of course, my fave is a 66. Keep me in mind when you wanna sell it !
@kenash all it's missing is a hottie with a load of hay !
Sorting out a motor swap in a 2002 Volvo C70...
I had a pair of ATM thieves / robbery suspects try to elude me in one of those once...I still have the pursuit on video.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts