Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly what would one expect to pay for a dual exhaust system installed with Flowmaster 40 series? I already have
the headers installed, so there isn't any disassembly of the old system required, and I have my own tips to use.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
a friend of mine just had new aluminized exhaust installed into his 67 coupe. he had headers and own tips, not sure about the 40 series, he maybe had 50 series, not sure..h-pipe. it was about $300. looked really nice.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
40 flows, h pipe 2 1/4 pipe $450

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
$425
that was for 2 40 series flomasters, and 3 in from headers, custom x pipe, and 2.5 tailpipe. Price also included installing TCP subframe connectors and shelby traction bars.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just had my exhaust done from the header back. I installed the header and then dropped the car off. Price was $350. It included, couplings, 3" pipe, 2 40 series Flowmasters, and short tips (that drop in front of my rear axle not behind it). Also, included 1 year of free unlimited welding or hanging failures.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
$250, thats 2 1/4" H pipe from manifolds with Dynomax super turbos and dual tips

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I had a guy come to my house and replicate the original GT exhaust sytem in 2.25" aluminized pipe. If you include what I paid for a new set of "trumpet" tips and the Dynomax STs I bought, the whole set up was about $450.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I paid $250 for flowmaster 40s and the guy did a great job getting them through the gt openings in the valance.... I am now swithing to spintech mufflers and a Dr. gas X-pipe. I want a different sound....

·
Registered
58 Posts
$425 installed dual flowmaster 40 series, but my car sounds amazing. Now if it only ran that amazing...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Paid $200 for 2 1/4" pipe w/H-pipe to the back of the car w/GT tips and $100 for Flowmaster mufflers.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Flowmaster 2 1/2" mandrel bent complete exhaust kit purchased from www.summitracing.com for the low-low price of $325.95 plus $6 for shipping.

Get yours HERE

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
350$ for 2 1/2" pipe , with x pipe and 40 series flows.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone!!!

I was quoted a price of about $450, and thought that was kinda high, but I haven't had any exhaust work done in 10 years. I ran this by my mechanic friend/neighbor, who thought we could do better than that. They just got a new pipe bending machine, so we picked up the Flow's today, and will bend some pipe tonight.

Hopefully I can finally drive it tonight/tomorrow!!!!

Thanks again everyone for the replies!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts