Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Indoctrination is not education. Indoctrination closes the mind, while education opens the mind.
The irony here is you've been indoctrinated to believe sexual orientation is a choice, when there's now a lot of evidence supporting multiple biological factors and physiological differences. This is education. You're not wrong. Indoctrination does close the mind, which is why you're close-minded to homosexuals.

How old were you when you decided to choose the hetero lifestyle anyway?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Lizer, nothing you stated about me is true.

I have no opinion on LGBT people. Their life, not mine, I stay out of it. Who someone chooses to love is their business.

What I do have an opinion on is that when I watch a show like Jeopardy, I do not want to see a political or social message. I just want entertainment.

What did I say about Ms. Schneider? I wonder if she also invites people with differing viewpoints into her classroom. Im guessing no, but I could be wrong. I will probably know sometime next week.

I have close family members that are gay, I loved them before I knew they were gay and I still love them today.

I do have an issue with people who only see their narrative and I find that pervasive on the far left and on the far right.

Many on the left do not believe in private gun ownership. Ok, so dont own guns, leave me out of your beliefs, but the left cant do that. They expect me to embrace their narrative and conform to their beliefs, by force if necessary.

Do you see the difference and the fallacy of the lefts agenda?

Reactions: DrHawkeye

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Indoctrination is not education. Indoctrination closes the mind, while education opens the mind.
Irony is a cruel mistress. An open mind wouldn’t be triggered by a teacher on a game show explaining in a few sentences how she invites LGBT speakers to her class.

Pop quiz on immigration work visas since you appear to be concerned with H-1Bs...
Which Southern Florida private club utilizes H-2B visas almost exclusively to bring service industry workers from abroad for below market wages? Bonus points for naming the winery and golf courses owned by that same company that use H2-Bs.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Say what you must to make yourself feel better.

If you need an ear, I am always here.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Oh, and it seems I may be better informed than you are. Its not just H-B visas, its the manipulation of the Jones Act and the outdated Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 that kill many American jobs and/or shift those jobs to foreigners that will do the same work at lower pay. These are not only bad for our economy and the American worker, I believe it is also a national security issue.

Dont blame the company or individual for using the law to their advantage, blame the law and change it.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Lizer, nothing you stated about me is true.

I have no opinion on LGBT people. Their life, not mine, I stay out of it. Who someone chooses to love is their business.
I understand all your points fair enough. But why do you call it a lifestyle then? And why is it a social or political issue? To see it as that implies you do have a problem with it, especially because you kept referring to beliefs. But LGBT isn't a 'belief' anymore than being black or asian is.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,354 Posts
I don't feel like this discussion has wandered off into very good territory for a Mustang forum but no one is really breaking the rules....oh wait, "the left's agenda" you say? We have a winner. I invoke rule #2 :No political discussions. And unless for reason a bunch of people clamor for it to continue, this discussion is now closed.

Reactions: Israel
141 - 147 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.