Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do and was just wondering who else is still using their steed as their daily transportation?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I try to, but it seems to break down on me about once a week. A bit more of a project than I anticipated, but I love the hell out of it anyways.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll throw my info out there to see who can beat it... '67 coupe, owned and
daily driver/primary transporation since '78.

danny

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am 16, and I use it as my daily driver! It sees the road at every chance it gets, and it loves it too. Even though it isn't perfect, far from it, but I get a lot of compliments

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Drive the '66 three days a week, and the '07 the other two. Weekends are up for grabs. Also, I try to keep the '66 out of the bad weather as I hate the major cleaning job.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use to put about 70 miles a week on my 65 but come Jan it's getting put up on blocks while on a 15 month business trip.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's cool to see so many still being used as daily transportation. Driving my car everyday puts me in another frame of mind and makes me forget about the stresses of work. It's even better when I get to put the top down in the summer time. ;)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
It will be when i get minds on the road. i dont believe in trailer queen

·
Registered
382 Posts
I drove my '67 coupe as a DD all last year, and tonight I just bought a '68 coupe for my DD/project.

You're right, it is good to see these cars on the road again doing what they're supposed to do: get me from Point A to Point B in a quickly-fashioned manner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used my 66' as a daily driver up until this summer when my daily route became a 40-50 mile circuit, so about a year (bought it January of this year), now I drive it in the evenings on short trips and on weekends. It loves cool weather thats for sure!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
My '66 is, 2/3 of the time. Every third week, I drive the car pool, and use the Saturn for that, since it gets better mileage, and 4 doors (3 of us in the car pool).

On the weeks that I'm not driving, I drive the '66 every day, rain or shine, to meet the carpool.

My '66 has been my daily driver since I put in on the road in the summer of '98.

My daughter's '69 is down for repairs right now, so on the weeks that I drive the car pool, she drives my '66 to work, so it's still a daily driver on on those weeks, just not my daily driver *LOL*.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Mine will be once I get it back together. It wasn't safe to drive when I got it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I DD my 66 most days nice weather (when not doing projects on it). Here in Bend, we have nice, rain free weather essentially from April to November and scattered days the rest of the year. Most of this year I've been carpooling, so the Mustang gets driven only once a week or so.
Daniel

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
mine will be when I finally get done

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
No. It isn't practical or comfortable for a commute. No A/C, it's loud, stick shift, I am scared to get it dinged... It is a weekend warrior, which is NOT the same thing as a trailer queen.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I daily drive my 68... every day to the university, to work, wherever, rain or shine. I would not have it any other way. I sweat and bleed repairing it and tweeking it, I sure as hell am not going to leave it to dust. The down side is that all it takes is an envious idiot to key the side of it, or a stupid careless driver to back-up into it. But like my parents tell me, just enjoy it!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I got crap for saying this when I bought it, but I fully plan on driving the 68 when I get the carb back together and finish my maintenance on it. It becomes too expensive to upkeep if I just let it sit all the time. I also have a Jeep, though. I'll go back and forth, but I fully plan on driving the 68 whenever I feel like it. It's too pretty to leave in the garage. If someone hits it... oh well, cars get wrecked. I'll salvage it if possible. I love cars and love to keep them in pristine shape, but I'm not a trailer queen kind of guy. It needs to see the road!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts