Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it, but the birth of my second child necessitates the sell of my 1965 Mustang Coupe as I now need a 4-door car. On a positive note, I’m now in the market for a project Mustang. :) This car has been a very reliable daily driver for the 7 years I have owned it. Everything is rebuilt and is very original. It has some very desirable features like the 289 engine, C-4 auto tranny, disc brakes, A/C, P/S, electronic ignition, oversized aluminum radiator, and has recently had a major tune up. This car also isn't rusty and is very structurally sound. It appraised at $11,500 and I have documentation (will give this too you as you’ll need it for insurance purposes). This is an appraisal of my actual car, not a value I looked up in an NADA book. It is garage kept and driven 4-5,000 miles annually. I’ve priced this slightly below market value in hopes of selling it sooner rather than later (AND to a fellow VMFer that might allow visitations). :)

I have many photos available on request.

Price is $8,900 and I am pretty firm on that. For more info, call me at 214.215.8873, PM me, or e-mail me at [email protected].

Here is the run down:

-Very original! The engine ID tag is still there on the intake along with the A/C tag and warranty plate on the driver's side door.
-289 2bbl (rebuilt) engine ...runs strong; compression test shows engine up to spec.
-Complete engine tune up recently (March and August 2006) in which I replaced plugs, wires, coil, belts/hoses, 160 degree thermostat, distributor cap, adjusted timing, replaced fuel filter, adjusted the carb, and installed new valve cover gaskets.
-C-4 Auto transmission, shifts great. Was rebuilt 8+ years ago, but has very small leak (about the size of a nickel in a 24 hr period). New seals were installed 11/04.
-Autolite 2100 2 bbl carb rebuilt last month (August 2006)
-New front seats (2001)
-Good tires 205/70/15 (11/2003)...not many miles on them though, about 70% of tread remaining.
-Ford factory A/C (dealer option)...compressor works, just needs to be recharged.
-Power steering
-Disc brakes (replaced brakes 6/2004)
-Dual trumpet exhaust, but not a GT model
-Mallory electronic ignition (5/2004)
-Aluminum radiator (equivalent to a 5 row copper one)
-Aluminum overflow tank
-Daily driver in Texas (Denton) summer traffic, doesn't overheat
-Water pump replaced 6/2004
-Hubcaps are off a '66, but do have original '65 wheel covers
-Frame rails, floor plans, and battery pan are in great shape, no rust.
-Car was originally sold in Oklahoma City, but has been in Texas for over 17 years (perhaps all its life)…hence why the metal is in such great shape.
-Monte Carlo (chrome) front sway bar
-Export brace (chrome)
-Upgraded to 1 inch front sway bar under car
-From prior accident (10+ years ago) bondo cracking on driver's rear quarter, but no rust.
-No rust in quarters or doors
-Suspension work done March 2004
-Rear seatbelts re-webbed by Dallas Mustang
-CD player in dash (cut by prior owner, not me!)
-Has a front main seal leak, but doesn't leak much
-Paint is older, but shines great when maintained with wax
-Driver's 1/4 panel over tire slightly pushed in

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys-

I have a standing offer, which isn't too bad, from a local classic car dealer. I might take him up on his offer, but wanted to let ya'll know that I'm listening to ALL OFFERS right now.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts