Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks to have been painted. Has new stickers. Not sure of its value, so asking $65 shipped obo in US.

·
Dimples
4,845 Posts
So you know, that’s not a 66 air cleaner. Looks like an early 65 without the snorkel, or maybe off of another Ford model.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you know, that’s not a 66 air cleaner. Looks like an early 65 without the snorkel, or maybe off of another Ford model.

Good luck with the sale.
I didn't know. It came with the car.
But ill correct the listing.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That air cleaner was never used on the Mustang. It’s too tall and will hit the hood. The 17” air cleaner is lower and correct.

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That air cleaner was never used on the Mustang. It’s too tall and will hit the hood. The 17” air cleaner is lower and correct.
Thanks, I'll take the sale ad down, and hang it up on my wall. Looks cool regardless. I really had no idea.

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listing marked as sold.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Not trying to submarine your sale, just wanted you to know. That air cleaner was used on Fairlanes, Comets, and others. I'm sure it would sell pretty quick on eBay or somewhere more oriented towards those models,

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not trying to submarine your sale, just wanted you to know. That air cleaner was used on Fairlanes, Comets, and others. I'm sure it would sell pretty quick on eBay or somewhere more oriented towards those models,
No worries bud, I appreciate the information. I was just clearing out some things in the garage. I got a BUNCH of parts that came with my car. I probably have 10 vent windows, and 3 sets of full glass for mustangs, and all sorts of misc parts. This one looked to be in good condition, and wanted to offer it up to VMF. I closed the sale, as it's not a mustang part per your info. I'm just going to hang it up on the garage wall, as I think it looks cool anyway.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
@cturboaddict my Emberglo car had one on it when I bought it, it was better than NO air cleaner haha and they are cool, kinda dinky looking even with the snorkel after seeing the giant 65-66 type. It fits under the hood okay and I've been running it while I looked for the correct one, and got one a few weeks ago. Ours will probably be automobilia / garage art with a 289 badge with crossed checkered flags I pulled off an old Fairlane at a junk yard 30 years ago. If some kid comes along and needs it one day, it will be like winning the lottery for him and it will be like donating an organ for me. Way cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts