Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold the 65 conv.. I already miss it. I should of kept it but needed the money to fund the fastback. I will replace it one day but it was 1 of only 5338 made. It was a deluxe 6cyl. No idea why they didn't buy the v-8 but that is a low number. Other numbers I found: As far as I know these are correct:
65 conv. bench seat: 2111 made
65 fastback deluxe: 5776 made
65 Hardtop deluxe: 22,232 made

Building a one of a kind Steet Machine 65-Fastback!!!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Just think of how that money will help you with your fastback, and maybe you will forget about selling your convertible......or not. *G* Post some pics of your fastback as you restore it. I would like to see it.

Sean

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad thing is what $ I got for the conv. will pay for my front suspension and tubing for the frame only. What a sacrifice! I sound like a broken record but I am working on my website and will have weekly pics when it's up...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey don't sweat it, with ever little sacrifice comes a little bit of joy. So good luck on your 65 fastback and just look at it like a second wife, the first one did its job and now its time to play with the second one.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't think about it!! Just have fun with the Fastback!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good one. I guess I'll look at it as we are legally seperated. For kicks I pop-rivited a small plate under the backseat with my name and date I bought the car and sold it. Someday if I think I see it I could prove it was mine and maybe get it back...

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
nm

1965 GT fastback
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts