Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I sold some seat trim on EBay for $150, but have never heard from the buyer to know that they got it.

I got paid, Paypal.

I have sent two emails, not even asking for feedback, just wanting to know that they were recieved and I good condition. Nothing.

Do I drop it? Or send some official sounding email indicating that if I do not hear back in X days I will assume it was received and is satisfactory?

I don't want to get burned in three months if the buyer claims they never received it or it was sat on by an Elephant at the post office.

(I have an insurance "tracking" number, but www.usps.com will not track it online for me. [shrug])

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
That is a pet peave of mine, it's happened several times to me. I sold a guy some headers a few months back, everything went perfect but once I shipped the parts and got UPS comfirmation that the parts were delivered I never heard anything from the buyer. I even sent 3 or 4 emails asking if everything arrived OK, no response to any of the emails and no EBay feedback. I left him positive feedback right after he paid, but he never left me anything. I don't understand why he did that.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
leave feedback and forget about it. sometimes people just don't do things the same way other people do.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Leave feedback and forget it.Some people just do not leave FB.Others wait until the other party leaves FB.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Maybe they just don't know about feedback etc...

SWMBO bought me a 35mm lense for christmas off EBAY Dec 19th. It was her first time (amazing she figured it out!) Anyway, yesterday she forwards me an email from the guy wanting to know if it arrived and was acceptable and if so to leave feedback.
Well, she didn't know to do any of that :wall: I sent the guy an email stating what happened and then left pos. feedback.
Not saying that's your situation, just saying it happens :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I left positive feedback immediately after receiving payment.

To be honest, I don't care if she doesn't leave feedback as long as she doesn't leave negative feedback. I just wnat to know that she got it and it wasn't damaged in shipping (maybe she's p!ssed about the 3000 foam peanuts).

And this person sells 1,000 of things on ebay althoug I was her first buy in over a year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought an item from a first time seller and when I received it I left positive feedback. After a couple of weeks of no return feedback, I sent the seller an e-mail to see if he would return the favor...he sent me an e-mail thanking me for a good transaction :wall:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I bought an item from a first time seller and when I received it I left positive feedback. After a couple of weeks of no return feedback, I sent the seller an e-mail to see if he would return the favor...he sent me an e-mail thanking me for a good transaction :wall:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: THAT'S FUNNY!!! I bet you just about fell off your chair when you got that email. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Let it go, it happens all the time. No news is good news.
Al

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Send some of those "did you recieve it yet?" messages through ebay's messaging system, so if they try to tag you back, ebay can see that you tried

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
And this person sells 1,000 of things on ebay althoug I was her first buy in over a year.
That's probably the key right there. I think we get kind of "numb" to the whole thing after a while. When I sell something, I leave positive feed back to all my good paying customers immediately, and never look back.

When I'm a buyer, I only leave feedback if the transaction's gone south (so far hasn't happened), or if the seller leaves me positive feed back first. I got tired of leaving feed back for sellers that wouldn't return the favor, so I made that my personal philosophy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
don't worry about it, some folks don't understand the feedback process

1 - 12 of 12 Posts