Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang GT Convertible, A Code 289-4bbl, 4 speed, GT package with fog lamps, Trumpet exhaust, special suspension package correct badge and striping, Rally Pack, front disk brakes, quick ratio power steering, power top, rare factory split bench, AM radio, rare emergency flashers, full seatbelts. Original BUCK TAG still on the fender and FACTORY OPTION GT car (option P 10 on the tag). Complete restoration with beautiful VINTAGE Burgundy paint, NO RUST WHATSOEVER, mostly original or NOS parts throughout. Completely rebuilt driveline, fuel, suspension, 3:25 gear, H-pipe. Possible trades for 911 or other trades. $ 32,000

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks really nice. I am looking for a 66 4 spd vert but I am located in PA, so unfortunately too far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thing, is I bought the car from a man in Philly. I can help with the shipping if that will help you. I have several pictures of the car. It has been a wonderful car, but I like the larger Mustang bodies from 69 on or European sports. Good luck in your search. mark

·
Registered
476 Posts
HkPlinker said:
Funny thing, is I bought the car from a man in Philly. I can help with the shipping if that will help you. I have several pictures of the car. It has been a wonderful car, but I like the larger Mustang bodies from 69 on or European sports. Good luck in your search. mark
Figures it was in my backyard then went to your area. My issue is I do not think I would purchase a car without being able to inspect it in person... it does look good though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the tag and stripped it and repainted it. I would be happy to strip it again and take a picture with the bare metal and you can see the age. This car has the correct dual hangers located up near the rear seats as well.

If you look at the picture below, I have stripped the tag and it is bear metal now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just curious, but I've seen GT verts like this selling for far more than 25K. In fact, a total restoration costs that much these days. Why aren't you asking more for it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought this car right and I do not enjoy it as much as my Porsche turbo. I am not a dealer and am not looking for a home run sale. I agree with your statement, but I am sure whoever sees the car in person will be impressed over the condition of the paint, interior and the reliablity of the mechanics. There is no way you could build a Mustang convertible to this level for what I am asking.
This is a very nice car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Vinman:

Know the concern about personnaly inspecting a car prior to purchase. I just bought a 65 Coupe from a great guy in South Carolina. I live in LA. Never saw the car in person, but saw a whole lot of pics, taked for hours with the seller, developed a great relationship, and felt very comfortable buying the car. I know this isn't for everyone, but it worked beautifully for me. Good luck in your search.

Regards,

Roadhog

·
Registered
256 Posts
I couldn't find your e-mail on your personal page, so writing here. When I read that you are in Hattiesburg, I just had to write and say hi. I lived in Hattiesburg from 1972-1974 as a graduate student at the University of Southern Mississippi. My wife and I enjoyed the city and drives to NO, Biloxi, Gulfport. Nice area of the country. Your GT is exactly what I am looking for, but the money is more than I can put into a car. I am surprised it has not sold by now. You must have a nice collection if you are willing to give up this car!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts