Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Solid motor mounts

835 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  camachinist
Anyone know where I might find some solid motor mounts for a 302 in a 65....and what other years might work. I am looking for some that are about a 1/4 inch lower than stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I think Mustangs Plus sells solid motor mounts. Not shure if there what your looking for.

1966 Mustang Coupe, 302 custom roller cam, holley 650dp,
I'm not sure you will find anyone selling them. There are too many variations between years and body styles for anyone to get into that endeavor on a large production scale. I ended up putting large carriage bolts throught the rubber. My brother on the other hand removed all the rubber and welded up a full metal mount.

I've been happy with the bolt solution. His car has not even been turned over yet so no word on that modification.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Nope..tried Mustangs Plus, no luck. May have to come up with our own version...

No biggie Ron,

One piece angle, one piece flat cut to shape...drill a couple holes...weld togeher...

I still have the old ones from the race car buried in my mom's shed somewhere but they're for a 1 1/2" setback; I tossed them when going to motor plates back in the early 80's...

Don't forget to put in a solid trans mount too...and re-check the engine CL angle in relation to your pinion angle if lowering the engine...

If you're from the same Feddema family I think you are, this is all old hat to you..*G*

Have fun...

See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.