Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon a website that had a cutaway of a cleveland head.....their webpage is messed up right now, but if I remember right, it was an aussie 2V head....

If I remember right they stated that 75 and later (aussies used em MUCH later!!) aussie head, it had a VERY pronounced exhaust port shelf and a water jacket behind it so you couldnt grind it down!!!!!

You also get a quench area on aussie heads, and quench areas are efficient, but you get 9:1 compression on U.S. 2V heads with flattops (more than enough for street)

If this is true, I bet many folks are really getting RIPPED OFF getting 2V aussies off egay!!!!!

Take a look...it's the pic at the bottom of the page...hopefully, the page owners fix the captions soon...

http://users.abilene.com/~dkelly/hotrod/newmotor2.html

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just looked again...if I remember right, they said the brown line in the photo is the port contour of either an earlier aussie 2V or an American 2V exhaust port...

quite a difference!!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
That's why I don't buy car parts from there. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Besides it more fun to break new, than to find out you bought broke already.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The text is still there, you just can't see it, LOL.. If you highlight the blank area, it shows up (apparently someone accidentally turned the text to white, hehe). Heres the caption:
"This is a cross section of a 1975 vintage 2V head. Note the reconfigured and super restrictive exhaust port. The red line indicates the approximate configuration of the 70-74 casting. All 2V's DO NOT have the same head. The water jacket around the guide is also not present in the 70-74 heads. You can clearly see why the exhaust port is so hard to do anything with."

So its just referring to the 351M/400 head, not the Aussie...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
yes, PLEASE, DO NOT compare apples to oranges!!!

the Cleveland was last made in 1974 - all castings beyond this date are the more inferior 351M/400 castings as Jason stated above. Just because it has the same visual appearance of the earlier Cleveland castings, the later junk is just that - junk......

randy

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
/me has been breathing too much liquid wrench....

...or is it freebasing clearisil ?!?!?!?

lmfao!!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was fouled about the 75-up head.....but incidentally, the aussies had em a few years more...almost to 1980!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm reasonbly sure the last cleveland was in production as of 1985 it was a 302 2v in a falcon XE fairmont ghia.....Ford Australia then ran with NO v8 option until early 90's /forums/images/icons/frown.gif It was a black period for us Aussie's.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts