Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
grr..i am so mad right now guys, it even scratched my paint in one place..
if i could catch the person responsible. could i do anything bout it legaly?
thanks
steve

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'd be steamed, too! I suppose there could be some kind of legal recourse if the person is found, do you have any suspects? I had my truck broken into a couple of weeks ago, they got about 20 bucks worth of change and a notebook with work information....not much compaired to some, but Id ring their necks if I knew who did it!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
If you reported it to the police and showed damage you should be able to go after the jerk for your loss. Then again if you caught them you could do like a friend of mine did one time when his car got egged. He saw the kid do it and caught him. Then he made the kid eat 5 raw eggs. One for every one that hit his car.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I know your feelings, mine was done last week. The Insurance company said mine was 1200 in damages.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When my truck was broken into they took my radio and gym bag. I offered a $100 reward to the to the kids in the neighborhood and it payed off. The kid acrossed the street showed up at my shop a couple of days later and said the offender was walking down the street with my gym bag and the radio. I grabbed a roll of duct tape and had them drive me to him. Turns out it is the boy down the street from my parents and is the neighborhood hoodlum always in trouble. So we pull up and I reached out and pulled him trough the window into the car and away we go. We took him acrossed the street from his dads house and I took all his clothes and duct taped him to a tree and took a permanant marker and wrote theif on his forhead. I moved into my house a few weeks later and my parents said his father sent him away cause he didn't want anymore trouble with the neighbors and had enough grief and embarassmentfrom the boy.
Now generally I am a nice guy but I work hard for what I have and it may not be the best but it is mine. So think twice before you steal of vandalise my stuff I will catch them and they will pay.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Do you honestly expect us to believe that?!

If you really dragged a kid into a car against his will, stipped him down, tied him to a tree, and wrote on his head, I'd say you need more help than he does! Perhaps some anger management.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd say what you did amounts to kidnapping, perhaps some level of assault, and who knows what's on the books as far as stipping down someone and taping them to a tree!

You say he's a "boy" - surely you didn't do these things to a minor (?) Man, talk about taking the law into your own hands!!! Didn't you ever read the Ox Bow Incident?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just the other night as I was about to leave work I noticed that some loser had shot spit-balls at my '66. there must have been 30 of them all over the windows and paint. Let me tell you, If I got my hands on them...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes! I did do this. This was about 12 years ago he was 16-17 and I was about 20. He had a history in the neighborhood for doing alot worse than breaking into cars. He was lucky it was me and not the guy's accrossed the street they would have beat him silly. His dad finally had enough with all the trouble and sent him to live with his mother after that.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
That sucks man.
I know how you feel.

I still have egg damage on my car from being egged 8 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts