Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to show you what are we drive in Croatia ..
Oldtimer gathering in my hometown

Attachments

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
As a teen I spent a summer in the former Soviet Union, I LOVED the cars and pondered how I could get one shipped back to the U.S....

·
Registered
314 Posts
As a teen I spent a summer in the former Soviet Union, I LOVED the cars and pondered how I could get one shipped back to the U.S....
Funny...My wife is from former Soviet Union and does NOT recommend the cars! :laugh:

The bikes are cool!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Pretty dang impressive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My hometown is small so this is just a small number of cars on Croatia streets.
Ussr cars are big robust gas eaters. they do the job and that's it, good for army and tuff jobs.
American cars are big and here is saying The bigger the better

·
Registered
434 Posts
I spent a bunch of time in Russia in the early 90s and never found the cars exciting. Ladas and Moskvichs didn’t do it for me. I did however develop an appreciation for the UAV and briefly toyed with the idea of trying to get one sent here. Quickly abandoned that as foolish though. Nice pics OP, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I was just a "kid" when there, really, and the shapes of some of the old cars were just so different than US cars it would have been just the novelty to bring one home. There were some places along highway roadsides where cars were rusted or burned and had been abandoned obviously for ages. It is a huge and fascinating place. The people and all their cars, trucks, buildings, and entire culture have a toughness-- a different kind than American toughness-- I respect them tremendously. Their fascination with American things of excess and the wonderment we had for each other gave me an appreciation for what I have (and what Americans appear to have), and though we are in some ways different as night and day, the world needs us all...full of national pride, mutual respect, a little suspicious of each other out of mystery and folklore...we're not that different. And we like cars ! !
I hope I get to go back some day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ivan, what is the white car with a roof rack, ZG 3222 ER ? looks interesting LSG
I think its SAAB 96 around 1970

I was just a "kid" when there, really, and the shapes of some of the old cars were just so different than US cars it would have been just the novelty to bring one home. There were some places along highway roadsides where cars were rusted or burned and had been abandoned obviously for ages. It is a huge and fascinating place. The people and all their cars, trucks, buildings, and entire culture have a toughness-- a different kind than American toughness-- I respect them tremendously. Their fascination with American things of excess and the wonderment we had for each other gave me an appreciation for what I have (and what Americans appear to have), and though we are in some ways different as night and day, the world needs us all...full of national pride, mutual respect, a little suspicious of each other out of mystery and folklore...we're not that different. And we like cars ! !
I hope I get to go back some day.
spot on.. :clap:

In time of ex yugoslavia most popular in these parts was fićo yugo i stojadin :)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts