Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are just a few of the many statements that are made by car sellers and an accompanied translation for those of you who do not speak "used car salesman." Please feel free to add you own to the list.

Rust Free: They are nor charging you for all of the rust.

Never Seen Rain or Snow: A car can't "see" anything, it has no eyes, so this is 100% true.

Low Miles: The car has never been driven in the Mountains.

One Owner: There is currently only one owner of the car.

Runs Like a Dream: Most of the time you will have to dream about driving the car in your sleep because it has so many mechanical problems it will not drive while you are awake.

Runs like a Top: When you either press the gas or hit the brakes the car spins in circles.

90% Restored: The remaining 10% that needs to be done is the body, paint, drivetrain and interior.

All Original: Anything that broke or needed repair was left alone and nothing was ever done to the car.

Make Offer: I know exactly how much my car is worth but I want to see if you are stupid enough to pay me more than it is worth.

Collectors Item: After you buy you will collecting things for it for as long as you own it, like parts to keep it running.

289 Hi-po: I put a chrome aircleaner on my C-code.

Has Shaker Hood: The latch is broken and it does not close all the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
LOL

How about:

Total Frame-off restoration: I had to replaced the frame rails and the torque boxes.

Solid Floors: because they were replaced with plywood.

Runs Well: Just doesn't drive well

This car is fast: I beat the sh$t out of it

Fresh Paint: to cover up the window screen and bondo job that I did to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,963 Posts
Ready for paint: your chance to add an eighth shade of gray primer to the seven already sprayed onto the rust and bondo beneath.

Everything gone through: everything that's broken down or fallen off so far, anyway.

No dreamers . . . I don't know. I've never understood that one.

7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Some Rust: You better get a tetnis shot before stepping within 10 feet of the car.

Low Miles: A new odometer was installed in 2003!

All Original: Except for the Pep Boys Rims, low profile tires, whale tail, sheep skin seat covers, and corvette front clip....

Collectors Item: The car was collected and has sat on my backyard lawn for the past 8 years. I used the collectors item argument for those 8 years so that my wife wouldn't get rid of it!

All Original: Except the straight 6 was replaced with a 289, but we kept the 4 lug wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,043 Posts
Project: All I got is the title and as non matching door tag. Oh yeah, and the title has a lien on it.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top