Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Some What OT - A Mustang Video Game

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  PTSTANG 
#1 ·
The idea has crossed my mind before but it recently came up in a conversation with my friend. It would be GREAT to have a "All Mustang" video game. C'mon, wouldn't it be great to be racing around a track with a 65 Shelby GT350, 67 GT500, 68 Cobra Jet, 69 Boss 302, 70 Mach, 71 Boss 351, and so on! I see video games like "Gran Turismo" and it seems that they're targeting the "Ricer Community." But there's gotta be someone around here that could pass the word to someone who knows somebody. ;) I know I'd buy a copy of the game for my PS2! And, I'm sure other people would buy it too! Just had to put that out there. Thanks for listening guys.

#2 ·
I waited anxiously for them to come out with "Trans Am Racing" for over a year. It was to be the late 60's racing series where you could run your 68 coupe (69-70 Boss!) against the Camaros and Javelins of the day. The previews were too cool. Somehow it fell through the cracks and died. Dammit. If you do a Google search you can still turn up a 3 year old "preview" of the game. Ticks me off no end that that game never came through. If it had been at least as good as Sports Car GT(as promised), I would have forsaken all other racing games. That would have been IT for me.

#3 ·
I have the power to do this sort of. I can change the cars in Need for Speed 3. If I choose to I can make them all Mustangs.

I have right now,of course a 71-72 Mach 1 that I use all the time. I also have 2 newer Mustangs, a 64-66 Mustang,70 Boss 302 and another one can't remember right now.

With other cars

#4 ·
how can you do that? Do you change what's on the disc or.....?
That would be an awsome game. But i want a game where i can make and customize my own car. Then you could have a garage full of your dream cars, plus a Video Game replica of your car.

#6 ·
here's some titles WITH stangs in 'em
Sega GT - 68FB and GT40(not a stang but still cool)
Need for Speed Hot Persuit 2: Cobra R
Midtown Madness 2: 99 mustang, but you can download different stangs for it...i have a ton...PLUS there's a viper i have thats UNCONTROLLABLE :p u cant even steer it w\out doing an automatic doughnut :p its seriously a rocket lol
there's a few more..but those are a few games off the top of my head

#7 ·
Hehe, yeah, some games have stangs in them, they're good.
Test Drive has a 68 fastback with a GT C-stripe, and a Viper GTSR. I love video games...

#8 ·
The best game for classic cars was called Motor City Online... Too bad it goes defunct in about 2 weeks.. :(

#12 ·
There needs to be a game not only for racing your classic mustang, but with every option, color, model, engine, tranny...to build your own! Someone needs to make it so you can build your own concourse, or add in performance parts to make the ultimate restomod. You should be able to change everything from the intake manifold, to the alternator, to the rear-end! That would be cool

#15 ·
i totally agree with everything... they need to make a game where you can build your own car. make it what you want and everything. they already have games like this, just in different genre's look at diablo II you pick your character(car) go out and fight evil(other cars, chebbies hehehe) you get money when they die(you win, they lose and give up the cash) you go buy better weapons(mods for your car) and you keep going. they have out midnight club but that game is so lame. you race stupid ricers around town, i wanna race 1/4 mile, the light and everything. or go to some road course and kick some booty. nothing in a town really. if this was on a PC it would really work will. you have your own car, and if you wanna race online you can go to your "garage" and pick the car you want and go to one of many tracks, a track being a server that is being hosted. have all sorts of tracks from, pomona to daytona, laguna seca, or what ever they come up with. it would be very simliar to the game counter strike except no map changes and racers could come and go as they pleased and if ppl wanted to watch these races for some reason they could. everyone puts up their money before the race and winner takes all. put all types of cars in it too, from muscle to ricers. then ppl would atleast have a clue what it takes to race a car if its as close to reality as it can be. if its on a computer then updates could mean new parts, tracks. its very simliar to gran turismo(still one of the best racing games) but you only get a limited choice of mods that are already pre determined, need all the parts that are possible. where you can get a choice of either AFR heads or World heads or leave it stock. if you put on n2o on a stock engine then it would BLOW up on you after so long, make it so cars do break down, no one ever makes a perfect car that lasts for ever. options like 8 inch or 9 inch, 3.55 or 4.56's slicks or street tires. so on so on.... probably be very hard to get all the rights to that stuff but something a long those lines is what i would look at... i always wanted an off road game and they have stuff similar to it now so who knoes, 10 years down the road maybe theyll come out with this idea that i have for a game. if someone would come up with that idea it would be one of the best selling games i think. sorry for being so long

#16 ·
You mentioned Grand Turismo...

Did you know GT2 does have a GT-350 a FT-40 and a GT-500KR including modern Mustangs.

Though, I think nowadays a dragracing game where you build your own car complete on a PS2 or XBox type of platform would do really well. Screw Midnight madness, I want a game I can change cam specs. ::

#17 ·
Here's a preview of that Trans Am Racing game, if i am correct. Looks awsome, too bad they've stopped working on it. Petition?

#18 ·
Boy, that sounds good if they can do it. I'll be keeping an eye on those guys. I'll have to dig in the bargain bins and find a copy F1 Challenge so I'll be ready in case it works.

#19 ·
how can you do that? Do you change what's on the disc or.....?
That would be an awsome game. But i want a game where i can make and customize my own car. Then you could have a garage full of your dream cars, plus a Video Game replica of your car.
I am what people call a 'Modder'. What I do Is take the original game and change it. The files are moved from the disc to your computer (it does this when you install a game).

I do have the software to make my own cars from scratch but I was more into ajusting their features. I made my Mach weigh about 20,000lbs but do the 1/4 in about 10 seconds with a top speed of 180mph. It's fun to hit a cop car (or other cars) and watch them flip and roll.

I have also Modded other Computer games (I'm well known for Modding Star Trek Armada I and II )

#20 ·
Here's my Mach (picture taken in '94)

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL212/1201111/2274292/27573093.jpg

Here's a picture in NFS 3 of a Mach 1 ( I need to get a better one)

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL212/1201111/2274292/30511261.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.