Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me a sucker! I found another 'ok' deal on a mustang so I bought it. I don't know why... Now I have 3 mustangs in the garage and none on the road!

Here is what I got:

VIN decoded:
Year: 6 1966
Plant: T Metuchen, NJ
Body Series: 07 2 Door Hardtop
Engine: C 289 2v V8

Door Data decoded:
Body: 65A 2 Door Hardtop, Standard Interior
Color: M Wimbledon White
Trim: 27 Lt. Aqua Crinkle Vinyl and Aqua Rosette Vinyl, Standard Interior
Date: 04B February 04, 1966
D.S.O: 17 Washington
Axle: F 2.80:1, Limited-Slip
Trans: 6 C4 Automatic

It dosn't run, the guy said that his buddy messed up the timing and he got some flames in the carb. So I guess I have my work cut out for me!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome to the club! Now watch the parts catalogs and clutter in the garage grow exponentially!

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
only three?, boy your not even wet behind the ears yet. :p :p :p ::

·
Registered
553 Posts
I still have my first car (68 coupe) and my mustangs have grown to currently four total. I just sold one and took one off to the scrap yard...It was a donor car. I also have two sheds full of parts that I have been collecting to finish the others. I only have one that I can still drive and thats the original 68 that I have had since I was 15.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I am jealous. I wish I was allowed to do that. My SWMBO put a stop to my purchases of cars. I have three in the garage here and others at my parents house. Two of the run and the others are in different stages of restoration.

Congrad's on you find. Post some pics.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
you can never have too many right? i've had up to 9 at once...of course it was more of a junk yard than say collectable mustangs lol....no you can't have too many jace

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
::

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Heck, I`ve got 5. You`d better get going ::

BTW, 2 of `em even run and are on the road ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts