Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One in the Atlanta paper-just curious you know-just to look at-you know-like I need one-uh, honey,uh.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Ummm ... OK ... No John, STOP! Don't do it!! Dang, didn't work did it?

Hey, if I could afford it I'd be looking at old Vettes too. As it stands, I'm forced to build my own mini-vette out of scrap parts!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go ahead and check it out. I have a 1966 Corvette coupe and they are really nice cars. Mine is in stock condition and compared to a 1966 Mustang they are way ahead in terms of handling, braking, and so on. Only problem is that they aren't Mustangs. I have mine for sale and I will be looking into getting back to a Mustang. The restoration parts are a lot higher than the Mustangs. I have a chance to get a '65 GTO also which is another GM product that I like. I guess that I'm being tempted by the dark side. Hopefully a Mustang comes along soon to keep me out of the Goat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a 69 4 speed Convertible that I have owned for at least 15 years. They are truely fun cars. It even gets along well with the 66 Mustang conv parked in the next stall currently under restotration. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Everyone should have the pleasure of fiberglass in their life.

Just think. A car that you absolutely cannot drive with any ideas on stopping anywhere but back at home. Cause if you leave it untended for any amount of time, it'll be gone. Makes perfect sense....lol

G

·
0 Posts
Go for it! My uncle has a 1967 Vette coupe with a 327 V-8, 4 barrel carb., 4 speed, and side pipes. It is a blast to drive. He just recently won the Duntov award, so he has started to drive it more. The '63 to '67 vette is a real looker. If I could afford one, I would have one sit right next to the Stang in the garage.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
There have been few car designs that can beat a split-window coupe for its sheer beauty. I've wanted one for a long time.

If it is a roadster, they're OK, but I'd sooner go for a post-65 model, because of the technical improvements they added to the later cars.

The Corvette thing is an expensive club (as if Mustangs weren't), but those mid-60s cars have a great racing and performance heritage. If the car is nice and priced right - Do it!

G

·
0 Posts
Their slick cars, I wouldn't say no if the price is right. They ALMOST, and sometimes do, get more looks than a Mustang.
(sorry to say it, but it's true)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i have heard that Larry Shinoda was one of the people behind the design of the 63 vette.. so just tell people you got it for the larry factor /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and i agree it was BM (before mustang) so its fair game :0)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Ok here goes. Haven't you ever noticed that corvette drivers tend to be arrogant buttnoids that don't like it when you call there bluff. I think it's because they think HOW DARE YOU! I drive a vet. I think that they are nice looking cars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Buttnoids! I'll agree that most Vette owners are a little on the snooty side. Right after I got mine I went to a local show and parked. About 10 minutes later here came a couple of Vette club members inviting me to park with them. I did and it wasn't too much fun. They were pretty nice but they were definitely in a higher income bracket than me. They honestly didn't know too much about Vettes in general, just that older men with money should drive them. I saved my whole life to be able to afford a car like that and to me it was for the fun of it not so much an investment like them. But I have also seen the same thing on this forum about Shelby owners being above the rest. So I guess it can be that way with all of the higher end cars regardless of make.

G

·
0 Posts
I've always been the black sheep in my family 'cause I'm a Ford man. I always give the Bow Tie guys H*ll. But if there's one Chevy that makes me look twice, it's an early Vette. Especially if it's a 63 split window. Just don't forget your first love. Blue Oval forever.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts