Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 Convertible Mustang that is needing the top redone. I have purchased a Robins top, well liner, and pads thinking that I might try it myself but I'm starting to chicken out.

Therefore I'm looking for someone in the St Louis area that does good work for reasonable cost. Let me know who you've used...otherwise...might just try my hand at it

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I did the same- bought all the stuff, then after looking at it decided not to tackle it. 1 error and I'm buying another top, right? I found a guy here in Cedar Rapids who did it for $1,000, and it turned out great. Might be 4 hours away if you can't find anyone local, but he specializes in mainly 'vert tops....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah and I'm so far into this thing I dont really want to risk having to buy another $350 top. I'll keep Cedar Rapids in the back of my mind. I'm hoping I can find someone within an hour drive. I still have a couple weeks until the car is going to be ready for the top.

Dropping the engine and trans in this weekend then finishing up the brakes and interior over the next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts