Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh wow, today I finished wetsanding the touchup areas on my fastback's floorpans and started on buffing. Of course, my minidisc buffer hasn't arrived yet, so I started the first stage by using my electric drill. That puppy gets heavy quickly. I managed to get about almost half the car done (two outer strips and one inner strip) before my arm gave out. I discovered that I can only buff right-handed. I can paint and wetsand fine left-handed, but forget buffing.

Some areas look gorgeous with just the initial compounding, and others look good. Fortunately, nothing looks bad so I'm a happy, if very tired and sore, camper. :lol:

I wonder how much fun it will be tomorrow with a champagne hangover? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
If you bring the car to Birmingham this April. I am crawling under it to inspect it.It had better look good you know we have a lot of road kill around here that will be looking. ;)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Laurie - not meaning to be an idiot here, but I thought the paint job on your car was done years ago? Just touching up something?

Bryan

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
She repainted the floorpans under the car the same color as the car...Am i right Laurie? And let's not forget the stipes... ;)
See i'm following up on your progress :thumbup:

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, that's right. :)

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
"Something Worse Than Wetsanding From Below"

But look at this way. Blue & Gold arm pits may come in style in `08 . :thumbup: ;) :p

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hmmm, and I have been griping about buffing the topside of my new paint job. I guess I will shut up and finish my work. Anyone who will buff the bottom side is far more committed than me!!!

On second thought--if you want some practice--why not come finish buffing my car?

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I am a University of Michigan alumnus. ;)

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm getting more practice than I can handle, thanks! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts