Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with a custom design for front fender emblems on Trouble and have been looking for possible places to make them online. The best I've found was the same guy who made the custom "F-250 Supercrewzer" billet badge on my truck. However, I really want a 3-D emblem like the stock fender emblems and not an engraving in a badge. I did find some online, but they want $2,000 a pair. Uh, I don't think so.

Well, this morning, I stopped at the chrome shop to pick up some parts, and noticed a bunch of what appeared to be hot rod parts on the counter. One was a guy's signature as an emblem that looked really nice. I asked the counter guy if he knew where to get something like that done, and he said sure, here's the name, phone, and address for the place here in Tucson. They do all kinds of photoengraving and custom emblem work.

So, now I've got to get my emblem design finalized in a draft format, and go check them out. It sure is great when you can luck out like that. ;)

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, just some fastback vent inserts. ;)

They turned out really nice--and they should, they redid them three times. I'll be finishing up yours and the 68 ones this weekend, then move on to the third set.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Cool, I'm glad you posted this cuz I need to call HIM and ask about my vent window frames, they were supposedly done and shipped last week, but no packages or charges to my account...... See, I was lucky today as well...

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've learned with this shop to automatically double the length of time that they give me for when a piece will be ready. They're good, and picky, so often they'll redo a piece. I can't complain about that because quality is nice to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts