Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the last page of this month's Motortrend? There is a photo of Sonny and Cher with their Mustangs that were customized by George Barris. Anyone know what happened to these weird looking cars?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I saw them in person at the Knotts 05 car show. They were original & unrestored. I thought they were very ugly with cheezy custom work.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I too saw them last year at Knotts..I too believe they were way out there...very Goddy....

Mel ::

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Please post peectures for those of us who haven't been to Knott's or read the mag.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Please post peectures for those of us who haven't been to Knott's or read the mag.
You don't want that. Bob would probably have to take the forum down for a few days to recover. Those photos would definitely need a "Work Warning."

·
Registered
613 Posts
I too have seen them in person but it was at the owners garage a couple years back!
The guy had a large collection of Juniors so I was there to see the JRs but saw his other cars at the same time! Lots of Mustangs but many other cars also.
Let me also say that they were cheesy (but it was the 60s) and they matched some of the outfits that Sonny and Cher wore!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are similiar, but not the same as the ones in M/T. I would scan and post the page, but I haven't checked on how to post photos. The picture might break my scanner too.

Garry

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
All I have to say is :puke:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah I know the guy that owns the cars. He is a local guy that collected a lot of celebrities cars. I know that he had I think Nancy or Frank Sinata's mustang convertible also. He's a great guy.

Well he bought them because they were interesting looking cars and that it showed how outrageous people's idea of style was.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Does the Guy from Paramount (sp) Mustang still own them? If so I agree he a super guy. He drove across country with MAA in 94.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The way they reworked the grill opening and center nose section, it reminds me of the old Pontiac's (64/65 GTO). I do not care for the look of either of those cars.
http://www.mustangsonline.com/images/sonny_cher.jpg

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Yea and at first I wondered what they were...then I saw a bit of Mustang creeping through....those are 2 of the ugliest cars I have ever seen :puke:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yea and at first I wondered what they were...then I saw a bit of Mustang creeping through....those are 2 of the ugliest cars I have ever seen :puke:
Really? Two of the ugliest? Ever seen a Pacer? Gremlin? Hornet? Ambassador? Citroen? That wierd Pontiac thing with a tent? 78 Corvette? Dodge Little Red Wagon pickup? Subaru Brat? (actually, I kinds liked the Brat) Man, I could go on for some time.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
They may be ugly but they must be worth a pretty penny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts