Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our son who is in the Air Force is coming home TUESDAY!!!! He's been in Kuwait, Afganistan & Pakastan since April. Right now he's in England & will fly to Canada Monday, then to Charlotte,NC Tuesday, where we will pick him up. His 68 Mustang that he has only seen completed in pics will be sitting in the front yard waiting on him!
I took the week off & there WILL be some major partying going on all week /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congratulations!!!! Thank your son for choosing to do what it takes to keep this country great.Glad you chose to share your feelings with the group, although I have a strong hunch that we are not the only ones to hear this bit of good news.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Congrats! Thankfully he is coming home safe, and I agree...THANK HIM for doing what he does, and THANK YOU for raising such a great son! Enjoy his homecoming! =)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Man, that is great news...I know your whole family is excited....and, he has to be excited to see him "new" '68...
Have a great week...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Too much!!! WOW! What a way to spend next week, with your son and his stang! Enjoy.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Great to hear that, Cruzer. I bet your son will be as happy to see you as you are to see him. Good luck with the mustang, and I, too, would like to thank your son for his bravery and courrage and defence of our country.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congratulations are in order for your family and him. Its impossible to imagine what they must go through over there and what their family members go through unless it impacts you directly. Many thanks to everyone in the military during these trying times. Have a great celebration!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations on the immenent safe return of your son, and finishing up his '68 for him.

Of this I am certain; I join all that served before him in saying thank you to him for his service and being willing to go in harms way; thank him for keeping tradition, faith, and freedom alive.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's great news!!!--I've spent 2 tours in Kuwait--Ahmed Al Jaber AB--I'm proud of him as I'm sure you are--Lots of hot dry and sun to be had--Wearing DCU's and working in that heat will wilt you fast--And I volunteered!!--Twice!!--Thank him from me and mine for his efforts--I'm sure he'll tear up when he sees the stang--Way to go

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats on a kid that I know you are very proud of. Wish I could be in the Carolinas to hoist a cold one to salute him when he touches down on home turf. Tell him thank you for all of us. Post some pixs of him in that new stang.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Cruzer:
Congrats... Have Fun... and tell your son, Thank You for all he does /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Glad to hear he's coming home!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Terrific!!! We all thank you and your son for helping to safeguard our country; his sacrafice will not go unnoticed and unappreciated. Thank you again!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats!!! My #2 son was home last week after he completed Marine boot camp. What a CHANGE in him! #1 son leaves for Army boot camp Sept.12. #3 son still has a couple of years to go, but he's planning on Air Force. Now if we could get our daughter to join the Navy, we'd be the poster family for the Armed Forces!

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We noticed a major change in him after boot camp... Then everytime he returned after a long flight we noticed a more mature change. So expect the same. It's a good change all around!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts