Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have always been so helpful & I need your input on this if you would be so kind......just in case. I may need to sell my 66 but have no idea what she would bring............Heres the deal.I paid way too much (before I found VMF). It appraised high but after I have been around here for the last couple of months I see that appraisal is TOO high. He gave it a condition #3 however. It is a coupe, silver blue, 289, 2b, c4,P/s, P/b, air,. Odometer shows 65k. I have an invoice showing a $10k restoration in 1985 by PO including new short block, rebuilt trans, new radiator, brakes,body work and a bunch of small cosmetic stuff such as repalcing headliner, door handles, etc. Just had it to a mechanic who said the car was in excellent shape. The downside is a leaky passenger side cowl ( even though water flows freely from the fender drains), some rust spots on bottom of both doors, fuel gauge does not work, paint job is fine from 10 feet and thats about it. I had it stored for 3 1/2 years and have been driving it for the past 2. I tune it reguarly, watch the fluids but have had to do nothing major since i have had it. It is an excellent driver and I am doing everything I can to try & keep it but circumstances......well, you know.........Any input on a fair price would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance..... John

·
Registered
33,596 Posts
I'd say a mechanically decent V8 coupe that needs cowl repair as well as a "freshening" of the exterior would fetch around $4k, a little less in the South and Southwest, a little more in the Northeast.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Try this site:
http://www.nadaguides.com/
If I entered everthing right, they show $8500 average price, but, IMHO that might be a little on the high side. You could also go to E-hay, do a refined seach for auctions that have ended for your car, that will give you an idea of what people are actually paying for them. Good Luck!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your replies thus far. Buboola, I found that price as well.............I was not sure how much a rusted cowl would effect the price since I know that is an expensive fix.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts