Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello VMF!!
I'm a long time member of svtperformance, and just heard of this site from over there.
I've been working on a project 65 coupe for about 3 years now. It's almost finished, and I need to get some exhaust ideas.
I was thinking SLP loud mouths, but I've never heard them on anything other than modular mustangs.
The car has a 351c with factory manifolds and a x-pipe and currently some flows, but I'm not a fan of flowmaster, so I was just interested in getting some input.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to this site :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Turbo mufflers? You just can't screw up a 351C, they would sound good with anything :lol:

·
Registered
685 Posts
There was a sweet deal on a magnaflow system out there. Do a search under magnaflow.
FWIW I have magnaflows on my 5.0 coupe and I love them. Pretty quiet until you get on it.
Good luck on your project. Post some pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I will definitely post pics when I get the car back-- Its been at the painters for almost a year now :/ .
Actually I might have a few "teaser" pics. I will post them if I can find them.
I love magnaflows on daily drivers, but I'm really looking for something LOUD, I'm not concerned with drivability because it rarely gets driven. But I gotta tell you, I can't wait to get the car back, I almost forgot how it feels to drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a few just after color sanding... This is the last time I saw it about 3 months ago.

And a pic of my daily to prove I'm a ford man

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
themadgnome said:
I love magnaflows on daily drivers, but I'm really looking for something LOUD
Here you go,I have these on my 66 and they're definitely not quiet!

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/wlk-24215.jpg

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I am going to be installing a set of Ford Performance Parts dual mode mufflers on my 69. They are not very loud until you hit around 4000 RPM then they open up to almost a straight through muffler. They are not cheap as they list for $375 a set. Below is a link to where I got mine for $270.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=977420

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
themadgnome said:
Thanks for the replies, I will definitely post pics when I get the car back-- Its been at the painters for almost a year now :/ .
Actually I might have a few "teaser" pics. I will post them if I can find them.
I love magnaflows on daily drivers, but I'm really looking for something LOUD, I'm not concerned with drivability because it rarely gets driven. But I gotta tell you, I can't wait to get the car back, I almost forgot how it feels to drive.
I have SpinTech mufflers on my 351w and they sound great... and LOUD!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I completely over looked spintech for some reason. A buddy of mine had them on his Lightning and they sounded really good, better than my Bassani's. Looks like its going to be a tough decision.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
The link in my sig. line is a 351W running through side exit spintechs.

Turn up the volume and click on the link...

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts