Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys for saying Im gonna do this setup or Im gonna do this and never following through. Im sorry for bothering you with my ideas that never made it to the car. Its just I come up with ideas and immediately want to persue them therefore I talk to you guys as if Im doing not as if its an idea. Ill try to be more specific on what Im trying to get out of the idea. Im sorry for asking questions over and over and bothering you and wasting your time. Im sorry for never contributing to this forum or answering questions. I dont answer questions because I dont really know. Ive been on this forum only to help myself and not others and thats why its here. I just want to say I really do appreciate the help of you guys and that I could never have done many things on my car without your help. The engine is where IM at now and its been the most frustrating because I cant find an idea that I like. Everything seems good and then I find out that it wont work correctly but its usually to late Ive already posted something on here about it. So now Im gonna think more and research my options and ideas personally before I bring them to your guys attention. I hope you all can forgive me and Ill lay on the low down for a while so not to bother you.

John

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
You are not bothering me. Keep on posting!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Thats the purpose of this forum, to share usefull information with a broad base of mustang enthusiasts. If we are discouraged from doing that, I'd better find a different hobby. Fortunately I feel this is not the case. Neither should you. Hang in there buddy, no need to apologise. I for one, certainly appreciate having you around.

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
John, John, John.... don't take life so seriously.

If it were not for the people getting started in this hobby there would be no hobby. You don't have to apologize for asking questions or sharing your dreams with us. It is we, the people that have to dash your dreams for you that should apologize if the manner in which we respond to you is unduly harsh.

If you didn't share your dreams/aspirations/thoughts with someone how would you know that it won't work, until you'd already spent mucho $$$ and time?

Keep the ideas coming and don't feel that you can't ask questions. That is why we are here.

Yes, some people may get frustrated. Some of them may even lash out at you for what they deem to be redundant or silly questions. Try to be patient with them and understand that the frustrations do not necessarily come from you alone.

Speaking strictly for myself, I am looking forward to seeing your car completed. I am sure it will be very nice and more than likely unique.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
This is suppose to be a good research place.
Having all the info beforehand kinda defeats the purpose of and eliminates the need for having an information forum.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Johm,
Kent said it correctly, don't get you feelings hurt. Remember that this is a semi-public forum and when you post, you will elicit responses that both help and hurt.

I suspect that you are young. Learn from what you do and experience here and................DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GET YOU DOWN!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
You think you got it bad? Everyone here calls me older than dirt, baseball, and the hills. They dis my flamingos, doofuses, and the signature pics I post.

Go with the flow. I turned lemons into lemonade, and now enjoy being an old fart/geezer/someone with that disease that I can't remember it's name anymore...

Anyone seen my tranquilizers?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Good Lord!! I gotta say...that is a mustang style I have not seen before Midlife!!! ;-)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Shoot!! Don't get down about this place. Some people just have more patience/sense of humor that others. All of them really want to help though. Just try to narrow your options a little before you bring them to the board, maybe that will help. The main thing is you get what you need to get the car on the road and enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It's a lot cheaper to post and get opinions than it is to spend money on stuff you don't need.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey man, don't you and your buddies sit around batten the breeze? Some ideas good, some crap?
Same here. Ask all the ?'s you want.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it wasn't for you, then we wouldn't have anyone to rag on. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Every organization has to have their sacrificial cow. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm sure we are annoying too. We can all get along though.

·
Registered
680 Posts
John. I for one enjoy your questions.Hell, if you can't think and dream it ain't no fun.....And, if you don't use your ideas, someone else might. If everyone gets you down, send me an e-mail with your questions....Hell, I love to talk.....
Hang tough, buddy. Life ain't suspose to be serious.....

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Hmmm, not sure what brought this on. Did you get flamed by someone? If so... IGNORE THEM! Many of us have said many times on this forum, "There are NO stupid questions". If you have a question, post it. If you have an idea, post it. If you feel like shootin' the breeze about something that happened to you, post it.

That's what makes this the best forum in the world, and the best resource in the world for Vintage Mustang enthusiasts. Don't apologize. The only thing your guilty of is having a desire to learn and do things right ... definately nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Don't get so down. I know I've given you crap but that's my job sometimes /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. You can go on dreaming all you want the only thing I need to teach you is the difference between the word "wandering" and the word "wondering" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.

The only thing anyone here needs to "give back" from time to time is a THANK YOU.

Just get realistic about your project. Understand your budget and your intended use of the car before asking a question and people will be less frustrated. Posts about a Fuel Injected, Twin Turbo Setup, with the Ha Ha are trying if they cannot be realized. Take sometime to think out your questions and direction and you will get the greatest reward from this resource.

Or you could just hangout on www.stangnet.com all day /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only dumb question is the one you dont ask. If you dont post a question then we dont answer. If we dont answer we wont acumulate posts. If we dont acumulate posts we wont move to the next level ( wrench turner, carpal tunnel). It's a vicious cicle and this place is addicting,

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
you may not be the only one to have an idea that might be a little off beat, but you have the courage to at least give it a whirl. don`t let other peopl;es negative feedback stifle your imagination. MAKE it work, and then show them!
and if it doesn`t work, you may save someone else a lot of trouble.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts