Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Mustang back last Friday (I need to take it back on Thurs PM for a couple of 'crater fills'). Took it out Sat AM to the Porsche Club breakfast. Worked on it Sat afternoon and eve. Took it out again yesterday and golfed a round at Soule Park (Ojai). What a day.
We took highway 126 out to Santa Paula and highway 150 north to Ojai (read as TWISTY ROAD!). What a gass! The Shelby mod and steering box readjust, coupled with the alignment is the Ticket!

Anyhow, I am sorry if anyone's neck is broken, or sore. I will try to drive by slower next time (hehehe). Actually, got lots of heads turning. In fact, had a couple of cars slow down so much that they nearly caused an accident! Need to get the radio installed, long drives get a little droning without tunes! This is a good type of problem.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

·
6,971 Posts
Sounds great Steve. What type of radio are you thinking about? I've been toying with the idea of getting a radio block off plate and installing a CD Player behind the console door. Just an idea (I don't remember if your car has the console though). Of course there is the CD changer route, but that would be a few hundred more. I figure I could spend that on kick panel/speakers and hi-octane gasoline.

Anyway, that's next winter's project. I've still gotta finish this winter's project. I'm VERY close to reinstalling the engine. I got the engine bay repainted last night, and it looks great. Next up is putting the car up on stands and cutting the exhaust out of the way for the headers and h-pipe. That's it. Then I'll be ready to stick the engine in. It's theoretically possible I could be driving by this time next week...although not probable. We'll see.

Phil

'65 Convertible (with many mods.)
http://www.blueriver.net/~finite/Pony.htm

G

·
0 Posts
Tunes? You don't need no stinkin' tunes...the "tune" of that V8 exhaust should be more than enough to keep you entertained (that and the gas pedal of course).

1967 Fastback, 289, C-code, AT, PS,
motorsport intake and valve covers, Edelbrock 4V, cam - otherwise stock
dark moss green, parchment interior,
GT rear valance and tips

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phil,

No console. Under dash A/C and Bench seat really limit the console application. I've got an old Kenwood radio that I will install this week. With the two-400W amps, my wife and son won't hear the car start when I creep off to work in the morning, just some Deep Purple, or Doors, Beatles, ZZ Top, etc. hehehe!

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow, now those are some good bands :) ... just missing Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin and Jethro Tull :)

------------------------------
1969 Mach 1 ( M-Code )
------------------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds fun!! Can't wait to see it at Knott's!!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts