Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I've been feeling really crappy lately. I've been drowning myself in work (almost 60 hours this week) and the rest of time I've been sleeping. It's partially related to the girlfriend thing. OK, more than partially.

ANYWAY, I've got a question. Will 17" Cobra R rims fit on Lottie? The bolt pattern is OK, but I think the back spacing is wrong, correct? I have a chance to pick 4 of them up WITH 75% tread on the tires from a wrecked Mustang for $400... If they'll fit. If they won't fit right on there, can I do what Daveoxide did and use high quality spacers/adapters?

Next week will have more auctions.. I'll have the page up by tomorrow night!

Thanks for bearing with me. I'm also writing an article for Restomod Daze, the Mustangs Plus newsletter, about the Vintage Mustang Forum and how its changed the hobby.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still would be worth it... It'd still be cheaper than buying a set of 17" anything PLUS tires on top of that...

So what adapters do I look for?

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Talk to DaveOxide. You will need similar adapters to his.

You need to know the backspacing of the wheels so you can figure out exactly what you need.

One of the various Mustang shops online had a spacer kit for this purpose.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Pouring yourself into work and activities is a pretty healthy way to deal with girlfriend problems, considering what I've seen. Only time can heal the "feeling crappy." :(

Be well - Dickson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts