Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Accident. Hit a hedge branch and knocked the throttle spring off. The thing died. So I wheeled my new Yardman to the garage (21" 6hp OHV with a T-6 tranny hehe, yes, a 6-speed walk behind). Anyways, the spring was tweaked from the branch collision so I had to use the next tighter spring coil and WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Now my baby runs 200 RPM faster and it sizzles across the lawn in 1/3 less time./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif That Briggs and Stratton is a screamer compared to the other dull sounding mowers in the neighborhood!!!

Yes, I have too much time on my hands, and no, I didn't get any mustang work done this weekend....

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
did some work on my lawn tractor..also a 16 horse B/S...I fiddled with this and fiddled with that..next thing I know..I am pulling wheelies in first..*LOL*..but hell..I am the faster lawn mower around the neighborhood..*LOL*

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Jeez, guys, rub it in a little more. SWMBO won't let me have a "gas powered" mower.....so how do I "soup up" a toro electric mower/mulcher (I already have the High Performance electrical cord.) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey guys, if yall want any clues on how to hop those Briggs engines up a little you should have asked, I have worked for 16 years at the briggs plant in Ky. I know just about all the tricks. If you want to make that baby really hummm, find a cast iron flywheel off of a pressure washer engine. Mowing at 3000+ rpms?? Now that is mowing.. HeHe.. Daryl

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Don't forget the bigass coffee can muffler ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Administrator
19,319 Posts
I once swapped engines in an old riding mower and ended up with a bad pulley mismatch. This caused (so I'm told) the blade tips to exceed the speed of sound. It sure sounded like a jet. If you hit a rock, it would clear the house easy. Scared hell out of the neighbors. I came off the money and bought the correct diameter pulleys, vehicle and house glass gets expensive fast. But boy for a while I could chop down anything AND sling it halfway across the yard!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts