Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was thinking I would maybe redo all the wiring in the car in the near future (And get rid of EEC-IV and move on to something more modern and simpler).

When I installed this last wiring harness (just a universal wiring harness, which is what I will be doing again) I reused the connectors, snipped leaving a bit of wire, and soldered everything together.

This time I want to use all Deutsch or Ampseal connectors where I can, but on some 'proprietary' cconnectors (washer pedal pump, light switch, etc) where they are build into the component, that's not an option.

Is there a source for the mating connectors (once again, light switch is an example) and the terminals so I can do everything fresh?

Thanks!

·
Registered
37,651 Posts
Using the headlight switch as an example, you simply remove the female connectors from the plug, attach new connectors to the wires, and slide the connectors into the plug, making sure the locking tabs engage.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but where to source the connectors and the terminals was my question (not how to assemble). They aren't just normal spade terminals, because those don't lock in.

(ignition switch also has different connectors, etc)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1967 Mercury Cougar
277 Posts
American Auto WIre has some. I've also had success at Napa Auto Parts. You need to ask them (Napa) for the electrical connectors book and scan through it.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other thoughts/leads? Preferably a one-stop shop. I was digging through American Autowire but couldnt find much unfortunately.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I bought a bunch of terminals off of ebay. Took a bit of research to find the right ones, but they are there. Rewired my entire car, used all of the original connectors with new wire everywhere. The bullet style connectors are tricky to get the right style, but the blade type are pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gents! Maybe I should rephrase my question a little bit. Suppliers I can find. What I can't find is the style of connector, and they aren't listed in the service manual.

For example (And obviously, these are not the correct ones!) Deutsch DT series, Delphi Weatherpack. IE, if you know the series, you can find the terminals. But I can't find the brand nor the series to purchase the terminals?

Ideally, does anyone sell say, the headlight connector with the terminals loose. The ignition switch with the terminals, the (1967) washer pedal pump with the terminals loose, etc?

Thanks again guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts