Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sets that NPD had are painted completely black and are rom Taiwan. I seem to remember someone posting that these are less than desireable - is this true?

Also - and more importantly - who sells the ones that have natural on the one end and black onthe other ends as if they were dipped?

Finally - i saw a 1300 mile - unrestored car and the control arms (both upper and lower) were completely black - and not like many concourse cars are... how is this explained??

thanks in advance
jeff

G

·
0 Posts
Jeff,

The 1300 mile car you saw may have had some touch-up done or was fully undercoated by the dealer when it was new.

The upper and lower control arms on a 65-66 should be dipped in black paint with natural ball-joint ends. Some '66 may have all natural uppers.

Va Mustang and NPD sell correct-looking upper and lower control arms. You can always detail them with the natural ends if they don't come that way. Remember that you are looking for a 4 rivet ball joint on the upper control arms and the lower control arms should have 3 rivet ball-joints with the correct jacking tabs(not divots).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charles -
this is what i hate.. i was at the silver springs show and they have these great looking uppers and lowers- go to the store and all they have are black ones :(

according to the guy at NPD, they sell what they get in - some have the correct detailing - and the ones in their current boxes are all black. i was looking for the easier way to get them without having to do even more work to get them 'right' (especially if i dont have to :) )

G

·
0 Posts
Unforunately, this is the case for most parts that you buy. Even NOS Ford parts have to be touched up sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts