Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody body using this set up with a spacer that doesn't leak and has a PCV port? I am looking for 1" spacer with PCV port that matches holes on a 4100 and weiand intake. I heard I could have a leak problem if I don't get the correct spacer. So, far, I've come up with the Boss 302 spacer which is, if not mistaken, made out of plastic??? Am I correct on this one?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm using a Weiand stealth with a 4100. The boss 302 spacer was the only one I could find with PCV port. I think it's plastic, but it's been awhile. It does work well and have no leaks.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the spacer pictured above, and would be happy to sell it cheap if it will help. My issue with it was that with a Weiand stealth anyway, the hood wouldn't clear the air cleaner. Hence the boss 302 version.
I would advise the OP to make sure his choice of air cleaner will clear the hood, preferably before closing the hood.

Lastly, I chose the Weiand because it has wider flanges than Edelbrock. Either spacer should work well with the Weiand, it's just the hood that might not.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Yes, they are were plastic back then, and the reproduction ones are also plastic. As long you are VERY carful in putting the PCV hose on the spacer sheet metal nipple, all is well. But they are very brittle and the plastic is very thin where the sheet metal nipple enters it?

Because they break so easily, : There used to be a guy on the Boss 302 forum who was making exact copies of the Boss 302 spacer, but out of aluminum. Sadly he has passed away. They were not cheap

I have two of them, and could be persuaded to sell one if you have no other reasonable alternative. You can take a 1/2" to 1.0" phenolic spacer and drill it for a PCV fitting . Not that hard to do if you don't want to go with the Boss 302 route.

Z

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I took a stock spacer and filled the backside with epoxy and chopped glass fibers and epoxied a 1/8" aluminum plate to the back side effectively sealing it from the manifold That was on a performer manifold, the RPM manifold is bigger and prone to leaking.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they are were plastic back then, and the reproduction ones are also plastic. As long you are VERY carful in putting the PCV hose on the spacer sheet metal nipple, all is well. But they are very brittle and the plastic is very thin where the sheet metal nipple enters it?

Because they break so easily, : There used to be a guy on the Boss 302 forum who was making exact copies of the Boss 302 spacer, but out of aluminum. Sadly he has passed away. They were not cheap

I have two of them, and could be persuaded to sell one if you have no other reasonable alternative. You can take a 1/2" to 1.0" phenolic spacer and drill it for a PCV fitting . Not that hard to do if you don't want to go with the Boss 302 route.

Z
I did email a guy from Boss 302 named Timothy Barker. He makes one made out of aluminum but has no PCV port.

So, do you have a picture of the aluminum spacer?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a stock spacer and filled the backside with epoxy and chopped glass fibers and epoxied a 1/8" aluminum plate to the back side effectively sealing it from the manifold That was on a performer manifold, the RPM manifold is bigger and prone to leaking.
Thank you for the feedback. I am looking for something that I don't have to do anything. Thank you again.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Those aluminum ones w/PCV are roughly $40 a piece if you can find a good one. …….
I paid double that years ago, but wasn't thru a parts house. They were being made in small batches by one of the Boss 302 forum members.

I did email a guy from Boss 302 named Timothy Barker. He makes one made out of aluminum but has no PCV port.

the Boss 302 spacer w/o the sheet metal work is going to be a lot less expensive.

here are the photos. The one with the curved tube is an exact replica of the Boss 302 spacer, but not made of plastic

Z

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
One of the few I've seen with enough "meat" around the border to seal the 4100 AND the intake plenum well. Use a 4-hole gasket between the carb and spacer and an open gasket between the spacer and intake.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/trd-2431

wish they had a 1/2" version. I'm always doing something silly like adding a vintage Paxton bonnet which makes things kind of tight under the hood.

Z

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those aluminum ones w/PCV are roughly $40 a piece if you can find a good one. …….
I paid double that years ago, but wasn't thru a parts house. They were being made in small batches by one of the Boss 302 forum members.

the Boss 302 spacer w/o the sheet metal work is going to be a lot less expensive.

here are the photos. The one with the curved tube is an exact replica of the Boss 302 spacer, but not made of plastic

Z
The one with the bent tube will seal the Weiand warrior paired with the 4100?

I guess I'll got to know how much you're selling it (if you're selling one of them).

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts