Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending my lunch hour at work today mounting my new high performance puller fan to the radiator I bring it home to put in the 'stang. Here is where the problem lies. On the I-6 the water pump hub juts out from the block 4 1/2" and then the belt pulley which is dished out slides over and past the hub so that the belt will line up. Does anyone know if there is a water pump that will bolt up with a shorter hub distance. I have already mounted the fan and am sure it can't be returned. (not that I want to, as it really moves some air.) I am wondering if later model 200 or 250 6cyl's have a shorter shaft length. I need to gain about 1" clearance. The depth of the 16" fan I have is 3.39" and puts out 2360cfm, there is anothe 16" fan with a 2.05" depth but it only puts out 1378 cfm, will this be my only option? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Might try sending an e-mail to A&A automotive specialties (TRW) in L.A., the guys down there should be able to tell ya which pump will work...
2nd option is to pull your present pump, take it to a machine shop & let em modify it.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,746 Posts
You might want to look at moving the radiator, seems Kent and some others had to do that....its another option, at least..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Move the radiator?! How did they do that?

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,746 Posts
re-welded the mounting tabs and moved the radiator further away from the motor, I believe. Go to Kents website, he might have pics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts