Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
If i had that kind of money, the only ford i would want more is an 05 GT... sadly, my bank account already made the decision for me!

·
Registered
673 Posts
It is nice that the car is built off a original 1969 body, but the Marty report will tell everyone it is a recreation. I think it is great they start with a OEM shell and then build it out vs. starting with a Dynacorn shell. Not that I have problems with a recreation or tribute car, but it will never appreciate in value like an all original car. I had the pleasure of seeing a "real" original Boss 429 at the Run to the Sun car show held in Lake Havasu AZ two weeks ago, a treat to be sure. The car was the original black jade color and the condition of the car looked as good or better than new. I would estimate the value at $250K to $400K depending on the auction and buyers in the room. I would buy the CR Boss 9 in an instant if I had $200K plus just lying around looking for a toy to spend it on.

My restomod will be a 1970 Boss 302 tribute and is starting with a real Ford Mustang. However my 302 is a Coyote which has that wide look like the Boss 9.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
overpriced garbage

Guys, have any of you carefully scrolled through all of their pictures ? and read the specs ? Almost all of us could spend 15 or 20 percent of that money and have a better result. You'll notice that they never mentioned whose MII /Pinto suspension they're using. Look how low some of the exhaust pipes hang.....the 17 yr old kid at the muffler shop could do better for a coupla hundred bucks....What if I want a real Boss 302 instead of a coyote ? What if I want SoT or Opentrack or Cobra suspension instead of the stuff they offer ? LSG

·
Super Moderator
8,920 Posts
Obviously a pretty badass car. But it loses a lot in the translation, in my opinion. I suppose I would much rather have a factory Boss Nine.
You beat me to it. Id much rather have a stroked 557 with Boss Nine heads.

·
Registered
520 Posts
In short, this is not a “Mustang”. It is a re-fabbed Wanta-Be-Boss with generic prefabbed parts and lots of techy highlights and lots of HP ….. but it’s not even an authentic RestoMod Mustang. Everything is aimed at “the look” for this generation’s Superficial Appetite. They are looking for a total image oriented, Mustang–ignorant, egocentric playboy with a lot of money….. and in this age, they will find him for sure.
As already stated, $200k would buy a lot more real Mustang than this easily. And as the real deal will appreciate in value each year, this fake Wanta-Be-Boss will start to depreciate the second the ink on the check dries.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
This. Why even call it a Boss 429 with a 546 in it?

Mine will say Boss 429 on the side, but also say Boss 600 under the hood....

Ricks Boss 429 says Boss 429 on the side, but its a 494. So, you think he should change the badging on the outside to match the displacement? Or was the Boss 429 a combination of unique combination parts that the entire car special.

The displacement doesn't matter! Its the heads! Its always about the heads. Everything that makes the car different was to accommodate those beautiful heads.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mine will say Boss 429 on the side, but also say Boss 600 under the hood....

Ricks Boss 429 says Boss 429 on the side, but its a 494. So, you think he should change the badging on the outside to match the displacement? Or was the Boss 429 a combination of unique combination parts that the entire car special.

The displacement doesn't matter! Its the heads! Its always about the heads. Everything that makes the car different was to accommodate those beautiful heads.

If I recall correctly, you are making a Boss 429 clone - no issues with your engine. Your car, you should do exactly what you want.

Ricks Boss 429 is a genuine Boss 429 correct? No reason to change that.

But to sell a new product as a Boss 429, but not have a 429 engine in it, that makes no sense. Its got 18" wheels, painted bumpers and trim, completely different interior, different gas cap, and a 546 engine. And those are the differences spotted in 2 seconds. There is nothing that makes it recognizable as a Boss 429 except the hood scoop. Anyone can buy that scoop and put it on a 69-70 fastback.

Don't get me wrong, I like the car, but I don't understand the Boss 429 continuation angle. It's nothing like a Boss 429. Had the engine been a 429 then they would have been able to hang their hat on that with all of the other mods.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
If I recall correctly, you are making a Boss 429 clone - no issues with your engine. Your car, you should do exactly what you want.
Ricks Boss 429 is a genuine Boss 429 correct? No reason to change that.
But to sell a new product as a Boss 429, but not have a 429 engine in it, that makes no sense. Its got 18" wheels, painted bumpers and trim, completely different interior, different gas cap, and a 546 engine. And those are the differences spotted in 2 seconds. There is nothing that makes it recognizable as a Boss 429 except the hood scoop. Anyone can buy that scoop and put it on a 69-70 fastback.
Don't get me wrong, I like the car, but I don't understand the Boss 429 continuation angle. It's nothing like a Boss 429. Had the engine been a 429 then they would have been able to hang their hat on that with all of the other mods.
I see your point. It really should be a bone stock car for them to call it a Boss 429 and advertise it as new.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I agree that someone could spend a fraction of the money and get a better car. I can see someone with mega bucks and wanting a Boss 9 to drive spending the money, although, that kind of money is still too expensive for me to drive around.

As far as it not having a genuine 429 engine, it has the heads. Those are what separate the Boss from any other 429 or FBB. Has everyone here that rebuilt their engine re-badged their car to reflect new displacement after a rebore or crank swap? I know for a FACT there are a bunch of cars with 289/302 emblems running 306/312/331 engines in them.

The truth is, it will end up being a faster, better handling car than the original. It is not much different than a lot of restomods being built, just built by a factory for a WHOLE lot more money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts