Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
What's everyone's take on the 1st year depreciation on these "new" Boss 429's? I bet its colossal...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Pro built restomods cost 200k these days. And that's just to start, and you may need to supply the donor.

On the other hand, I don't see these cars holding their value - even with the continuation designation.

But hey, I could be wrong, I didn't see the Fox Mustangs being bid to 25K+ nowadays either. ;)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Pro built restomods cost 200k these days. And that's just to start, and you may need to supply the donor.
A couple of years ago, I was talking with a guy up in Reno about his Nova. Real nice car with a big block chevy under the hood. He supplied the car and spent 180K getting it to where he wanted it. There's no way he'll ever get that for his car now. Nice car...yes. 180K? No

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't know, I think you guy are being a bit hard on the car. :)

What if you could buy this exact car for $500 (you have to keep it - not flip it) Would you pay $500? There are folks here would buy it for $500 but there are people in the world who will feel the pain of spending 200K + less than you or I will feel spending $500. They won't have to come up with a donor or or do the work themselves, or consign a car to a restorer that may take years and perform dubious work. All they have to do is see this in the Christmas Hammacher Schlemmer catalog and write a check for a turn key car with a warranty.

My only gripe is that, like others have mentioned, I don't like the idea of using one of the dwindling number of vintage shells left to build this car, or any other "tribute" project. But if they were using the Dynacorn repro shell, I'd say have at it.

John

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The price tag is well within what the custom car industry is charging for these cars. It's within my budget but I don't want to risk the roulette wheel market for these continuation cars. Now the exotic car buyer who wants to add a reliable turn key classic to his stable, this is perfect.

Check out what they are doing to Dodge Power Wagons for over 300K

https://desertpowerwagons.com/

-

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I don't know, I think you guy are being a bit hard on the car. :)

What if you could buy this exact car for $500 (you have to keep it - not flip it) Would you pay $500? There are folks here would buy it for $500 but there are people in the world who will feel the pain of spending 200K + less than you or I will feel spending $500. They won't have to come up with a donor or or do the work themselves, or consign a car to a restorer that may take years and perform dubious work. All they have to do is see this in the Christmas Hammacher Schlemmer catalog and write a check for a turn key car with a warranty.

My only gripe is that, like others have mentioned, I don't like the idea of using one of the dwindling number of vintage shells left to build this car, or any other "tribute" project. But if they were using the Dynacorn repro shell, I'd say have at it.

John
Making a quick reply but yes, it isn't a real BOSS but it looks good to some and the buyer is happy. Not my taste but hey, it has the semi classic look. Not offended, personally.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts